View Vacancy - Public Diplomacy and Communications Officer (GRC18.164)
The British Embassy in Athens is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking to recruit a full time Public Diplomacy and Communications Officer (A2) to join the team as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will assist with delivery of Embassy Communications strategy. You will also deliver specific events and projects on Public Diplomacy as requested.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Public Diplomacy (50%): Plan, deliver and evaluate events and small scale public diplomacy projects. Undertake logistics and accounting work with suppliers and Corporate Services Department. Act as the GREAT campaign point of contact. Handle general public enquiries (liaise with sections and Partners Across Government to answer enquiries, signpost customers to source of information, etc.);
- Communications (30%): Deliver digital content and manage Embassy’s Social Media accounts. Assist wider Embassy teams in delivering communications around campaigns, visits and events;
- Media monitoring (20%): Lead media monitoring and reporting (daily in-house summaries, reports to London and ad hoc reporting). Assist Communications Manager in media relations (handling media queries, drafting press releases and background briefs).
- University degree or equivalent (Communication, Marketing, PR, Media);
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Fluent English and Greek (oral and written);
- Relevant experience in PR and event management;
- Budget awareness;
- Knowledge of content management systems, social media and campaign management tools;
- Knowledge of social media platforms, awareness of digital trends and practical knowledge of using digital tools (e.g. social media, blogs);
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to deliver under tight deadlines and changing priorities;
- Ability to work independently and flexibly;
- Good communication and people skills (e.g. producing written long and short-form content);
- A team player with strong customer focus and ability to work with external partners;
- A creative approach to problem-solving and a high level of attention to detail.
This is a permanent full-time position (37.5 hours per week) subject to a probation period of 1 year. The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, 24 days annual leave entitlement (increased to 26 after 2 completed years of service), a training package and flexible working opportunities. Monthly salary for this position is EUR 1,665.62 (Gross), currently payable 14 times a year (as per Greek labour law). An individual personal development plan will be agreed with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. Anyone with right of residence and employment in Greece may apply, including all EU / EEA citizens and the family members of EU / EEA nationals exercising a treaty right in Greece.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to terms and conditions service according to Greek employment law. All applicants should have the right to live and work in Greece. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.