View Vacancy - Cross Mission Coordinator
Main purpose of job:
To act as coordinator between Private Office and the rest of the mission, driving cross-mission coherence and cross-cutting activities. This is a key role at the heart of the High Commission, essential to making it work effectively and in supporting the one-HMG agenda.
It is a wide ranging job, in a small team within one of the UK’s biggest overseas missions. You will need to be a real team player, willing to adapt to different tasks and demands as they arise, including rolling up your sleeves to cover when required for your colleagues in the Private Office team. You will need excellent organisational and inter-personal skills, problem solving abilities and be able to manage competing demands effectively. You will need to be able to build relationships that enable you to get the best from and through others while delivering sometimes difficult or unwelcome messages, including to senior people.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Cross-mission Coordinator – 50%
- Effective outreach to cross-mission colleagues, including senior management, to ensure the HC and DHC’s time is spent on what matters and has most impact;
- Ensure cross-mission governance and communications is effective: including acting as Secretary for the senior cross mission committees such as Senior Leadership Team and One HMG Committee; and taking responsibility for ensuring cross-mission initiatives led by the HC an DHC are supported.
Administrative Support – 30%
Provide an efficient, effective and flexible service to Private Office colleagues through:
- Managing the HC/DHC’s correspondence and programme including accurate diary maintenance.
- Flexibly arrange internal and external meetings and appointments, ensuring that all necessary logistics for HC/DHC’s travel are met.
- Accurate note-taking in meetings as required.
- Effective administration of email, phone queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide support to HC/DHC when Chief of Staff/PA to DHC is absent.
External Liaison – 20%
- Build a network of key external contacts, particularly within the Government of Bangladesh, to ensure both the HC and DHC are fully engaged with the Government and other local partners, and are able to connect with key people as and when required.
- Act as the first point of contact for arranging all external contact for the HC and DHC. Deal with incoming phone calls and incoming mail for the HC and DHC, particularly dealing with any translation from Bangla to English.
Level of language required: Fluent in Spoken and Written English
- This will be a part time positon 18 hours per week
- Jobholder must be willing to work flexiable working hours
- Actual working hours will be negotiated with successful job holder
- Jobholder will work 5 days a week, typically between 3 - 4 hours per day
Essential on arrival:
- Be able to combine friendliness, approachability and empathy with resilience and discretion.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and strong sense of maintaining complete confidentiality at all times.
- Have good IT skills.
- Experience working in an international organisation or diplomatic mission
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary range will be BDT 32,086 per month.
The British High Commission offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement, Health Insurance and relevant L&D opportunities.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note that the applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered:
(a) Complete the Online Application Form
(b) Attach a detailed CV
(c) Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and inform their current line managers. Else, the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by “27th August 2019” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.