View Vacancy - Security Officer (BIH19.470)
The British Embassy in Bosnia-Herzegovina is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are now looking for a Security Officer to be part of the Security Team, to ensure the effective security of British Embassy staff, Families and buildings (offices and residential) by adhering to security procedures and implementing security measures. Further to general security duties and tasks incumbent will provide office assistance and telephone switchboard / receptionist duties as well as driving.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
Effective physical and technical security
- Checking identity and conduct security search of visitors;
- Monitoring security status of property perimeters, official vehicles and access to the Embassy premises;
- Scanning incoming mail;
- Provide security cover at Embassy receptions/events at the official Residence and other locations as required.
- First point of contact with Embassy visitors;
- Operate switchboard in receptionist capacity;
- Provide general info and distribute the calls;
- Receive/distribute mail to Embassy staff.
- Prepare and distribute invitations for post’s major events;
- Receive RSVPs calls linked to Embassy events and keep records;
- Maintain updated list of contacts for other Embassies and international organizations in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Provide driving services in line with post Transport Policy.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English and one of the BiH constituent languages (Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian);
- Problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network and work collaboratively with others;
- Ability to think creatively but also to follow procedures;
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly;
- Clean and valid driving license;
- Use MS Word and Excel.
- Experience in providing security services, preferably from or with international organisations.
This is a full-time position of 5 working days, 41 hours per week.
The position is offered initially for one year with a possible extension for another year upon successful completion of three month probation period and subject to the availability of funding.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance and must have pre-existing work authorisation for Bosnia-Herzegovina in order to apply.
The successful candidate will be hired under the Terms and Conditions of British Embassy Sarajevo and social contributions will be paid accordingly.
The monthly salary for this position is 2.692 BAM gross per month. In addition, members of staff receive a meal allowance and transport allowance as per Terms & Conditions.
Staff members recruited locally by the British Embassy in Bosnia-Herzegovina are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Bosnia-Herzegovina employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 of the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We kindly advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application.
Only applications completed and submitted before the closing of the deadline will be considered.
This opportunity is closed to applications.