View Vacancy - Trade Department Intern (BGR19.492)
The British Embassy in Sofia is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now offering an internship opportunity in the Department for International Trade (DIT).
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK Government organisation that helps UK-based companies to succeed in Bulgaria and other international markets. DIT also assists overseas companies to bring high-quality investment to the UK’s economy.
The successful jobholder will support the important commercial goals of the Embassy, in particular to identify and promote export opportunities and to support UK companies in responding to these opportunities, ultimately leading to business wins.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research and post export opportunities on the online platform, and support UK companies in responding to these opportunities (40%)
- Gathers information and prepares written reports on key sectors of interest; monitors upcoming tender procedures and report writing (20%)
- Supports DIT team members in organising events including preparing invitations, following-up, building lists and other activities (30%)
- Work on ad-hoc work requests from across the team and deliver them in a timely manner (10%)
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian is a must (both oral and written);
- Only students in their last year of studies and recent graduates will be considered for this position;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and highly creative team player with a proven passion for public communications.
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Basic administrative skills – Use of Windows Office and web search;
- Experience in working in office environment.
This opportunity is closed to applications.