View Vacancy - Senior Trade & Investment Advisor, B3 EE - Barcelona (ESP19.497)
The British Consulate in Barcelona is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Senior Trade & Investment Advisor, B3 EE to join the Department for International Trade (DIT) team.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK Government organisation that helps UK-based companies to succeed in Barcelona and other international markets.
This short-term position with the Department for International Trade (DIT) will lead for the British Consulate in Barcelona on support to ICT, Manufacturing & Smart Cities sectors. The jobholder will lead on start-ups and entrepreneurs and support UK companies exporting to Spain, promoting investment in the UK to companies in Catalonia and Aragon and wider commercial activities including responding to the UK’s exit from the EU.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Delivery of events: Devise and deliver events in support of UK companies exporting to Spain, including managing the UK presence at major international events including IoT Solutions World Congress, Advanced Factories, Mobile World Congress, 4 Years From Now;
Account Management: Manage a portfolio of Spanish investors in the UK, establishing strong contacts with companies, identifying opportunities for expansion in the UK and resolving issues – in particular with reference to the UK’s exit from the EU;
FDI Promotion: Promote the UK as a destination for investment, identify suitable Spanish businesses for targeted interventions and deliver relevant events such as the Barcelona GREAT Entrepreneur Games;
Sector leadership: Horizon scan sectors of responsibility, identify potential opportunities for UK exporters in the region and opportunities to link activities with wider priorities of DIT Spain, DIT Europe and UK Prosperity programmes;
Market Access: Identify barriers to trade experienced by UK companies in the region and develop strategies with colleagues in Madrid and London to address them.
- Proficient user in written and spoken English, Spanish and Catalan (C Level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Experience of supporting international trade (either exports or investment);
- Experience working in business development;
- Experience devising and delivering business events;
- Experience account-managing companies;
- Project Management;
- Strong knowledge of the UK and UK business environment;
- Knowledge of Technology sectors;
- Experience of working towards performance targets within a team setting, contributing to the overall goals of the section;
- Strategic commercial and economic awareness;
- Experience of working autonomously, as well as being part of an international team;
- Strong IT computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office and Internet.
- Recognised qualification in Project Management;
- Knowledge of IoT /Technology for Manufacturing sector;
- Knowledge of Smart Cities.
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week from Monday to Thursday (9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.), and Friday (9:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M.), for a fixed-term contract period of 6 months (including 1 month of probation). The Embassy operates a system of flexible working hours. The annual salary for this position is EUR 36,414 minimum gross, payable 12 times a year.
The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy enjoys an average of 14 public holidays per year.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Spain are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Spanish employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Spain and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for Spain in order to apply.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 of the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We kindly advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application.
Only applications completed and submitted before the closing of the deadline will be considered.
This opportunity is closed to applications.