View Vacancy - Corporate Services Officer (KGZ21.433)
The British Embassy in Bishkek is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Officer to manage the operational delivery of estates including the Ambassador’s Residence, health and safety and transport work to ensure a safe and compliant platform for all staff. Supervise project works, regular maintenance of Embassy properties and their preparation for arrivals and departures process. Manage Estate support staff, including outsourced resources.
Main roles and responsibilities:
Estates Operations 60%
- Monitor and respond to estates work requests including for the embassy office, ambassador’s residence and 5 UK Based residential properties, maintaining a planned preventative works register and schedule.
- Manage the day to day activity of the support teams (including third parties), acting as the initial escalation and contact point for staff queries. Focus on effective customer service, ensuring that the estates team is providing a professional service in line with the post corporate services charter.
- Supervise projects with sign off from the Corporate Services Manager, preventative and reactive works to UK and local standards.
- Deliver minor work packages, including technical drawings, contract documentation, as well as preparing and maintaining annual maintenance contracts.
- Request payments and monitor maintenance budgets with the Corporate Services Manager, Finance Officer, Estates Directorate, Technical Works Officer and Technical Works Supervisor.
- Manage the vehicle fleet, including maintenance and replacement activities.
- Update Corporate Services Manager and Senior Leadership Team on estates – escalating issues as needed.
- Keep Embassy Estate Records Management system up-to-date
- Support CSM/Post Security Manager with routine security checks (if applicable)
Health & Safety 15%
- Work closely with TWO and TWS to manage health & safety related issues, ensuring full compliance with UK and local legislation.
- Deliver health and safety policy implementation, training and standards.
- Be the appointed health and safety and fire safety coordinator.
- Ensure estates procurement is effectively managed and compliant with global policy, working with the Procurement Hub and TWO/TWS.
- Manage inventory and warehouse stock.
- Perform and document property inspections and hazard risk assessments for both residential and office estate.
- Ensure estates systems and data are maintained and verified on a regular basis.
- Prepare for and respond to audit requests.
- Monitor energy and consumption and implement sustainability initiatives at post.
- Maintain up to date inventories for UKB accommodation and the Ambassador’s residence.
Team Support 5%
- Assist other members of the Corporate Services team as required.
- Participate in post crisis activity.
- Act as cover for Post discretion
Line Management 10%
- Line Manage 2x S1L drivers
- At least 1 years’ experience in estates/facility role
- Customer service skills
- Experience in overseeing maintenance teams
- Familiar with procurement processes
- Resilient; able to deal with pressure and work flexibility to deal with competing demands
- Fluency at a C1 level (written and spoken) both in English and Russian
- UK and local Health and safety knowledge
- Fluency at B2 level in Kyrgyz
This is a full-time, 36 hours per week, fixed term position for 12 months, to cover the absence of the current job holder. Working hours from: Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00, but flexibility on working patterns is offered.
The gross salary per month is USD 1,445. Please note 13th monthly salary is paid pro rata in November.
The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Kyrgyzstan. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Kyrgyzstan are subject to terms and conditions service according to Kyrgyz employment.
Please note, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.