View Vacancy - Digital Communications Officer (DEU21.439)
This role is at the heart of the UK’s diplomatic network in Germany and is an opportunity to work on a huge variety of high-profile issues, from visits by members of the Royal Family to Embassy participation in the Christopher Street Day Parade. The jobholder will be part of a team of communications experts, responsible for all public messaging and campaigns for the embassy in Berlin as well as the consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich.
The jobholder’s focus will be developing and executing compelling digital campaigns, especially via producing engaging visual content (incl. videos) and running the Embassy’s social media channels.
The main aim of the communications team is to enhance the UK’s reputation in Germany and promote deeper friendship between our two countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Producing engaging digital content for Embassy digital channels including videos, creative imagery and infographics.
- Developing and executing of social media campaigns independently, including creating, monitoring and evaluating social media posts.
- To support the Embassy Comms Team’s wider work, including organising large events as well as media handling.
- To contribute to the Embassy Comms Team’s communications measures during a crisis, and to wider work of the Germany Network in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
- To participate actively in our corporate agenda, helping to build an inclusive and developmental culture within the team and wider Network.
Professional skills/ Qualifications:
- Social/digital media background;
- Content creation for social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter);
- Proven video production and editing skills – ideally Adobe PremierePro;
- Experience in photo shooting and photo editing – ideally Adobe Photoshop;
- Basic MS Office Skills – ideally Mac OS skills.
- Experience of digital landscape in Germany is essential preferably with some engagement with government communications;
- Experience of planning and executing social media plans, developing content calendars, drafting social media posts, and conducting digital campaigns is essential;
- Experience of creating engaging online content (e.g. infographics, creative imagery and video content);
- Ability to work independently and show initiative with limited day-to-day supervision while operating as part of a wider team with shared goals and wide-ranging objectives.
- Proficiency in English and German (written and spoken, minimum of C2 level for CEFR framework).
- Availability to travel across Germany and occasionally work in the evenings or on weekends, including in the case of a crisis affecting UK nationals in Germany.
- Knowledge of UK politics and culture;
- Organisational skills: preparing press and public diplomacy events.
Our Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time fixed-term position for a contract period of two years. The gross yearly salary is €45,564.00 rising to approx €51,182.00 gross per annum after a qualifying period in addition to performance related pay (salary is not negotiable).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation in Germany in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local German employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Germany and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country
Our Learning & Development environment:
The British Embassy has a strong ethos of Learning & Development, including our Learning & Development Week. In addition, there will be many opportunities to attend external seminars and events on relevant issues. This is in addition to the induction programme offered to all staff.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to be actively involved in the corporate life of the British Embassy, contributing to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and supporting the British Embassy’s positive working environment.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.