View Vacancy - Global Growth Trade Adviser (BEL21.503)
Our daily work relies on the input of dedicated individuals who engage on many different topics and activities. We seek to employ a diverse range of candidates who bring their own talents and perspectives to the role. We have a strong corporate agenda that ensures we create a positive and inclusive working environment where everyone is valued for their contribution.
The British Embassy in Brussels is part of a world-wide network of nearly 270 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. We are looking for a trade adviser to join the Department for International Trade (DIT) team.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) promotes British trade and investment around the world, helps to build an appetite for British goods and services globally and works to encourage foreign investment into the UK.
The main purpose of this role is to respond to export related enquiries from UK business and support the marketing and communications activities of the DIT team.
The successful candidate will support the European Trade Hub by connecting high potential British exporters, including innovative SMEs and Mid-Sized Businesses, to supply chains in Belgium. Core element of the role is to deliver practical support to these UK companies, including providing market information and representation towards potential clients. The job holder will also work proactively with the regional network to communicate opportunities to business, in areas aligned to UK industrial strengths, as part of a broader promotional programme. In parallel, the job holder will support the digital communication and marketing strategy of the wider DIT team.
This is an exciting and varied role to promote the UK to an important trading partner country. We are therefore looking for a motivated and commercially driven self-starter who is able to deliver a quality service within the agreed time frame and able to manage the different priorities of the role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supporting the Europe Trade Hub and the UK Export Support Service in the delivery of services to British exporters.
- Providing professional advice and support to UK companies wishing to develop business in Belgium (market research, identifying and contacting potential clients, visit arrangements).
- Conducting market research and developing market reports.
- Implementing the digital communication and marketing strategy of the DIT team. Managing the social media platforms for commercial purposes.
- Contributing to the organisation and running of commercial events and activities.
- Providing administrative support to the trade team and maintaining the Customer Relationship Management database system.
- Contributing to the wider DIT and Embassy objectives.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken, minimum of C1level for CEFR framework*);
- Good level of French and Dutch(written and spoken, minimum of B2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Interest in international trade in general, UK and Belgian business in particular;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Good social media skills, in particular LinkedIn;
- Ability to work remotely as part of a team as well as on own initiative;
- Team player with excellent communication skills;
- High level of motivation and strong will to learn.
- Experience in or understanding of international trade;
- Good project management, including an eye for detail, to ensure that all aspects of service delivery have been thought through carefully;
- Resourcefulness and ability to act on own initiative, with an ability to find creative solutions when the unexpected occurs.
This is a fixed-term contract of 12 months, full-time for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week, A2 level. The monthly gross salary for this position is € 3,555.19, A2 level. In addition, we offer an extensive salary package, which includes a 13th month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme , optional hospitalisation insurance (subject to monthly employee contribution), reimbursement of public transport and a lot more. We offer more days of annual leave than the Belgian requirements.
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Passport: officers are expected to be in possession of a passport due to the possibility that they may be asked to undertake business travel.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.