The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Communications and Media Assistant, as part of a supportive and growing team, and at a time of reinvigorated UK-Moldovan relations.
The Communications and Media Assistant will be responsible for:
- Supporting understanding of what is going on in Moldova, through effective media monitoring, engagement and analysis.
- Developing our social media channels and audiences by providing informative and creative content.
- Providing administrative support to the Communications and Media Manager, by assisting with organisation of events, managing everyday duties and making logistical arrangements.
- Drafting and publishing press releases and invitations to communicate the Embassy’s work on UK priority issues.
- Providing wider policy support to enhance our understanding of the current situation beyond the media’s coverage.
Roles and responsibilities:
Communications and Press
- Write a daily Moldovan media summary for Moldova-watchers in the UK government;
- Monitor and report on the media landscape;
- Identify ways to enhance the visibility of the British Embassy Chisinau in national media and society;
- Write project proposals for and run small-scale soft power and visibility activities to influence positive thinking and perceptions of the UK in Moldova;
- Evaluate the progress and visibility of projects funded by British Embassy.
- Communicate our work on UK priority issues by using different social media platforms;
- Produce, draft and publish content (press releases, statements, photos, video, infographics) on Embassy digital media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and website;
- Lead on planning of Embassy digital communications and social media;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the Embassy’s social media activity.
Public Diplomacy and Political Affairs
- Support teams’ delivery of country plan objectives and the strengthening of the bilateral relationship;
- Work closely with colleagues to promote programmes and projects;
- Assist the political team with gathering of general information on requested topics, fact-checking and other ad-hoc support;
- Act as back-up in the absence of Political/Media colleagues;
- Provide oral/written translations from/into English/Romanian when requested;
- Support organisation of visits and events, particularly administrative and logistic arrangements (devise agendas, schedule meetings, book transportation etc); ensure coordination of the process with the Moldovan side etc.
There will be flexibility in the job description to support the Embassy’s influencing, analysis and reporting on a wider range of foreign and domestic political issues, while advising London on how best to protect and advance UK interests.