View Vacancy - Estate Project Coordinator (ARM18.047)
The British Embassy in Yerevan is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is preparing for a major estate related project in 2018.
We are looking to recruit for a temporary position for a period of 7 months (mid-March – end-October 2018).
The main purpose of this job is to act as the Embassy contact point on the Embassy building renovation project for both internal and external stakeholders. The job holder will have overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of the project at hand liaising with teams in London and Yerevan.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Mission you will have a strong track-record of delivering similar estates-related projects. A self-starter who is well-organised with inter-personal communication skills both in English and Armenian, you must be able to work on your own and as part of a team, show initiative and be able to adapt to situations to provide a successful outcome.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a first point of contact for casual staff and suppliers, both UK and local. Assist UK colleagues (London-based Estates team as well as technical managers from other posts) and UK suppliers during their visits, including travel arrangements, hotel bookings and any visas;
- Supervision of customs clearance and delivery of construction materials, new furniture and all large incoming cargos;
- Arranging the Embassy setup including logistics and the actual move in cooperation with local suppliers;
- Liaise with the landlord, UK Estates Programme Team and suppliers regarding Embassy setup;
- Arrange move of furniture / possessions between old and new Embassy; arrange reorganisation of furniture within new Embassy;
- Liaise between London and local suppliers regarding telecommunications installation including internet, landline and television in new Embassy in accordance with FCO H&S and IT standards. Assist UK suppliers with any logistical work where necessary;
- Procurement of all the necessary items for the Embassy;
- Report progress on projects to the wider Embassy team and others as necessary, including the FCO project board;
- Completion of post move details including final inventories of properties, closing contracts with local suppliers, snagging final technical and building issues;
- Work in consultation with the Ambassador and family to restore the sections of the Residence being used as offices to be fit for purpose for guests and for use as part of the Residence, liaising and directing local contractors and purchasing furniture in line with FCO guidelines.
- Perform any other related tasks assigned by Estates Programme Team and Deputy Head of Mission.
- Excellent command of both English (both written and oral) and Armenian (fluent);
- Proven track record of working in and contributing to the success of a small team;
- University degree in relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience;
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in administrative and operational project works;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills in order to be able to work to tight deadlines;
- Up-to-date IT skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience of working in facility / property management sector;
- Relevant experience in an international work environment;
- Engineering, Finance or Business degree (preferable, not mandatory).
This is a full-time, fixed-term contract until the end of October 2018.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law.
The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion with their line manager.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.