View Vacancy - EU Presidency Assistant Liaison Officer (temporary for 9 months) (AUT18.055)
The British Embassy in Vienna is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a EU Presidency Assistant Liaison Officer (temporary for 9 months).
The main purpose of the job is to provide high quality logistical and administrative support to high level UK Government delegations visiting Austria for meetings during the Austrian Presidency of the European Union, in order to ensure UK delegates can deliver on UK Government priorities across the range of EU business during the Austrian Presidency.
These positions will play a key role in delivering British Embassy Vienna’s work on Austria’s EU Presidency, and will work to ensure that the Austrian Presidency delivers for UK Government priorities, that the hundreds of UK ministerial and official visitors are all able to secure the best results possible from their visits, and that the UK is able to support a successful Austrian Presidency. These will be fast-paced (and often unpredictable!) roles, allowing the jobholders to work with UK and Austrian Government officials, to gain first-hand experience of the protocol and logistical demands of visits and high level events.
You will be a self-starter, well-organised, and able to prioritise effectively. The pace will be fast (although there will likely be a break in August), and the demands different every day.
You will be part of a small Embassy Presidency Team of three (one UK diplomat Presidency Liaison Officer and two locally-engaged LE A2 Presidency Assistant Liaison Officers) and will work closely with all Embassy Teams.
The Embassy is a friendly place to work, with a hard-working and motivated team. The Embassy has a well-developed programme of learning and development opportunities which are open to all staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organise and deliver visit programmes for senior UK ministerial and official visitors to Austria (accommodation, transport, security, accreditation, media, etc.);
- Liaise with the UK visitors’ offices and the Austrian Government hosts to deliver smooth-running visits and meetings;
- Contribute to meeting records and wider Embassy reporting on the Presidency;
- Contribute to briefing (generic and on specific policy areas) for UK delegations during the Presidency;
- Perform other duties as required by the British Embassy in support of its wider political aims and objectives, including providing logistical support to other Embassy events run in parallel with the Austrian Presidency.
- Fluent spoken and written English and German;
- Excellent IT, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Full driving licence (B);
- Knowledge of the EU;
- Experience of working with Government officials;
- Education to graduate (university) level in International Relations/Politics is desirable, but not a prerequisite for this position.
This is a local staff position in the British Embassy Vienna; it is not a diplomatic designated position. The position is subject to the terms and conditions of British Embassy employees.
This is a full-time temporary position of 5 days per week, for 9 months. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for extra hours worked (out of hours working will be required during busy periods). The annual leave entitlement is 25 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Austrian / UK public holidays per year and we are committed to ensuring a work / life balance.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Austria. The Embassy is not able to assist with any visa or sponsorship arrangements.
Monthly salary will be € 2.890,00 gross, payable 14 times a year for those liable for Austrian tax.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Austrian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.