View Vacancy - Communications and Press Intern (BGR18.273)
The British Embassy in Sofia is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now offering a Communications and Press internship opportunity beginning in July 2018.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Embassy Press Officer to carry out the Embassy online and media activity;
- Drafting and uploading posts for the Embassy social media channels;
- Support a range activities across strategic campaigns run by the Embassy;
- Designing templates for information materials;
- To assist in organising events and liaise with partners and suppliers;
- Help to promote other aspects of the Embassy’s public diplomacy work.
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian (both oral and written);
- Only students in their last year of studies and recent graduates will be considered for this position;
- Use of social media (Facebook, Twitter) and/or experience managing a blog/website;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and highly creative team player with a proven passion for public communications.
- Basic design skills – Use of Photoshop or other similar tools;
- Experience working with (Bulgarian) media;
- Good communication and organisational skills.
This is a full-time position (36 hours per week) for 6 months.
The successful candidate will receive a monthly salary of BGN 510 gross as well as BGN 50 net transport allowance per month throughout the duration of the internship.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background and security clearance. Anyone with right of residence and employment in Bulgaria may apply, including all EU/EEA citizens and the family members of EU/EEA nationals exercising a treaty right in Bulgaria.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Bulgarian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.