View Vacancy - MYR - IT & Office Support Coordinator, A2(L)
Main purpose of job:
The jobholder will be responsible to manage IT support operations in coordination with the existing ITSO, manage some parts of office operations and procurement, and act as back-up receptionist (the operator) as needed.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Act as first point of contact for users on IT and be responsible for advice on use of systems
- Perform 1st level diagnostics on user reported problems e.g. power on, handset plugged in etc
- Provide advice to users on local service provider options for remote working IT
- Installation/replacing, configuration and testing of required hardware including cabling, switches, routers, etc.
- Ensure upkeep of file server rooms, cable/rack management and any required replacement of spare parts, and report any faults identified. Includes a daily visual check of all equipment for predictive or fault warning lights.
- Proactively maintain IT system, reporting incidents and degradations in performance promptly to the Helpdesk and escalating where necessary
- Manage shared mailboxes and distribution lists when the ITSO is not available
- Manage and maintain the local internet connection and the network on the system
- Monitoring the content quality and usage of the sharepoint site
- Maintain an up to date inventory and asset register of all IT hardware which is not captured in the central asset register
- Play an active role in the Embassy's Business Continuity Plan, lead and trouble shoot on IT system at the Residence and compound
- Be responsible for IT Security Procedures including Security Operating Procedures (SOPS) management. Proactive dissemination of relevant IT-related information to users and encourage office staff to use self-service guidance and learning materials, and direct them towards the most suitable materials for their needs.
- Carry out all ITSO duties when the lead ITSO is not available
Backup office coordinator, 10%
- Issuing the stationery items according to staff requirement, top up every month and keep inventory of stationery stock up to date
- General purchasing of office items when the office coordinator is not available
- Carry out ad-hoc Corporate duties
Backup receptionist, 20%
- Operate the telephone switchboard and fax machine for local, trunk and overseas calls.
- Register all note numbers sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Separate telephone fax monthly bills, official or private call
- Co-ordinate booking for office vehicles during office hours and make it as convenient as possible for staff who wishes to use the car
- Co-operate with security team in controlling visitors access to the Embassy
- Support the Finance/HR Team including: call to supplier for the payments, inform to short-listed candidates
- IT qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Experience of a similar role in another Embassy, NGO or international organization would be an advantage
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed): E-learnings, ITSO training
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is committed to developing its staff. There will be opportunities for formal training alongside collaborating with a wide range of colleagues delivering on-the-job learning.
The British Embassy Rangoon offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, leave entitlement of 22 days per annum (calculated in pro rata).
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Rangoon is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
The possibility of contract renewal depends on staff performance and availability of funds.
All applications must be received before 24 July 2018 at 23:55 Burma Standard Time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.