View Vacancy - Project Officer: Education and Healthcare
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced professional to support the management of a portfolio of projects totalling around $ 750,000. The projects focus Peru’s economic development by driving improvement in the education and healthcare sectors.
The job holder will monitor the projects closely, building relationships with the implementers, relevant government ministries, key stakeholders in the UK and Peru, and those within Peru that will benefit from the project. The job holder will also work with the rest of the team to understand the wider political reality in Peru, and use that knowledge to help design future projects and programmes. We are looking for applicants with an interest in economic development issues, knowledge of the specific sectors, and ideally, experience of project management. Working with international organisations would be a bonus.
We provide a dynamic and varied work environment, offering excellent opportunities for personal growth and development. This role is critical to the success of our economic development work, and answers directly to the overall programme manager.
This is a temporary position until 31 March 2017, although there is a possibility of it being extended beyond that.
- Support and monitor the implementation of a diverse portfolio of projects, ensuring they are delivering the expected impact on time and within budget;
- Build a range of effective relationships that support the delivery of these projects;
- Develop a knowledge of healthcare and education needs and policies in Peru, in order to support the design of future projects and programmes;
- Support in the coordination of activities and events related to the projects;
- Follow the Embassy’s project management processes, ensuring the timely coordination of reporting and financial processing for the projects.
- A college/university level degree in economics, development, communication for development or international affairs, or equivalent experience, is preferred;
- Working knowledge of healthcare and/or education issues in Peru;
- Fluent in English and Spanish, orally and in writing;
- Strong IT skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience of project management and implementation.
- An interest in and knowledge of economic development, especially related to education and healthcare.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to write with impact in English and Spanish;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- Personal drive, sound judgement and attention to detail;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise;
- Working with international organisations and an understanding of UK culture and politics would be beneficial.
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package (the gross salary for this position is S/. 4,885), benefits, a leave entitlement and training package. The successful candidate is expected to commence employment as soon as possible.
For security reasons, the successful applicant will need to complete a background check before the appointment can be confirmed. You must have pre-existing work authorisation for Peru in order to apply.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM IN ENGLISH, AND ALL YOUR ATTACHMENTS SUBMITED ARE ALSO IN ENGLISH. ONCE YOU HAVE APPLIED KEEP CHECKING YOUR EMAIL INBOX AS ALL COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE RECRUITER WILL BE DONE ELECTRONICALLY.
If you do not hear from us by the 27th June, please assume you have not been successful this time.
Only those candidates who are successful in the initial sift of applications will be contacted and invited to participate in a series of tests followed by an interview.
This opportunity is closed to applications.