View Vacancy - Community Liaison Officer
The British Embassy in Tunis currently has a vacancy for a Community Liaison Officer, Grade – B3 (L).
Main Purpose of the Job:
To be an advocate for and provide support to UK based staff and families on family and community issues, primarily in the areas of information gathering, welfare and communication.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Information gathering for families, spouses/ partners and officers (including those not yet at Post) – primarily on spouse/ partner employment at Post; child and adult education (e.g. by completing the HR School/Nursery Information Sheets); care and training opportunities; single officer and foreign born spouse/ partner issues; recreational facilities; social matters and completion of DSFA Post returns (e.g. Spouse and Partner Annual Employment Report).
• Welfare at Post – including welcoming officers and their families as well as officers on temporary duty, to ensure as smooth an integration as possible in to the life of the Post community; following up to check that the settling in process is working; being a source of referral and support where questions, problems and difficulties arise; providing Post community induction training.
• Advocate for UK based staff and dependents in addressing issues of importance with Post authorities, including as their representatives on relevant committees and as the chief link between Post and the DSFA in London.
• Communicating effectively on community and social matters within the Post (to both UK based and local staff). Lead on Embassy internal communications.
• Resource Management of welcome pack, relevant CLO pages on Post SharePoint, Post Report and Fact Sheet, domestic equipment float and other Post returns e.g. COLA return.
Key competencies required:
• Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
• Collaborating & Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
• Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
• Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
• Fluency in English written, spoken and listening skills
• A track record of strong delivery in customer facing roles
• A proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work flexibly, including in evenings and weekends
• Fluency in French or Arabic
• Knowledge of Tunisia as a place to live and work
• Previous experience of living and/or working in an overseas environment
• Knowledge of medical/welfare issues
Working hours and remuneration:
Conditioned working hours are 40 hours gross per week. Standard working hours are from 08:00-16:30 from Monday to Thursday and 08:00-13:00 on Fridays.
The British Embassy in Tunis offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role. Initial salary will be TND 2,992 per month while on probation. Salary after probation is TND 3,702. This is a Full-time, 1 Year Fixed Term position with possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
The appointment will also be subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
Candidate must be eligible to work and reside in Tunisia immediately.
Interested candidates must include the following items along with the completed online application form:
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
2. Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form or cover letter.
Applications that do not include these will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 07 October 2018.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of job applications the Embassy receives, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take up to two months.
The start date mentioned is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Tunis is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.