View Vacancy - Political Officer (EU) (DNK18.771)
The British Embassy Copenhagen is part of a world-wide network, representing British political & economic and consular interests overseas. A full time position as a Political Officer (EU), B3 has become available in the Political Section based at the British Embassy in Copenhagen.
As a member of the Embassy’s Political Section, duties will include researching and reporting on a variety of political, EU and international issues that go beyond what can be read in the news, building a network of contacts across the Danish Government, think tanks, academic and business communities, engaging with contacts to gather information and lobby on behalf of the UK and organizing events as well as visits in line with Embassy priorities.
You will be the focal point for the Embassy’s reporting and activity resulting from the UK’s Exit from the EU. The focus of the role is likely to change over time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting Danish positions on EU policy and Brexit, ensuring HMG policy is accurately presented;
- Coordinating policy with Denmark on these & other international issues and lobbying on key priorities for the UK;
- Seeking opportunities for/ and maximizing cooperation between the UK and Denmark; building networks;
- Tracking and providing high quality analysis on EU, international and domestic policy issues and their implications for UK interests;
- Produce oral & written briefing for the Ambassador. Organise and attend events;
- Arranging visits for UK Ministers, senior officials and Parliamentarians.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Danish;
- A deep understanding of Danish politics and its EU / international priorities;
- Experience of working in a governmental, policy or international environment;
- A flexible attitude, and ability to switch easily between policy dossiers;
- Proven ability to prioritise, handle multiple tasks and respond quickly to changing circumstances;
- Proven ability to work in a team;
- The role would particularly suit a graduate with a minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Line manage the political attaché.
- A deep understanding of UK & EU policy making
This is a full-time (35 working hours per week) permanent contract.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorization for Denmark in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Copenhagen is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Danish employment law.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Denmark and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.