View Vacancy - Projects Coordinator
The British Embassy in Rabat invites applications for the position of Projects Coordinator, Grade A2 (L) to start as soon as possible.
Main purpose of the job:
This is an exciting opportunity to take up a key position in our growing Programme Team. The position is a key role providing administrative support to financial and project management, as well as coached project management of projects.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who has experience of supporting a team to set up overseas development aid contracts, process payments, set up visit schedules and logistics, and communicate internally about the work of the team. We are also looking for an individual who is keen to develop their project management skills through taking on coached project management. The Projects Coordinator must be able to understand and comply with a number of rules and processes, and build strong working relationships with the internal project managers as well as London fund managers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Financial administration (40%):
• Set up suppliers on the financial system.
• Raise requisitions.
• Regular receipting and payments.
• Support on spot checks.
• Other related tasks.
Project administration and communication (40%):
• Organise visits for international visitors including setting up itineraries, securing appointments, following protocol procedures, booking flights, hotels and car transport.
• Organise team meetings and boards, including securing location, attendance, circulating the agenda and recording the action points.
• Internal communication of the work of the Programme Team. Develop and manage the contacts database.
• Other related tasks.
Project management (20%):
• Design, approval, contract management, and monitoring and evaluation of your projects
• Developing and managing constructive relationships with partners.
• Drafting programme related briefings and speeches for senior colleagues including the Ambassador.
• The incumbent will potentially manage interns and be the gender lead for the programme team.
• The incumbent will work closely with the finance manager to manage the programme’s budget.
• Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
• Collaborating and Partnering: People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
• Delivering Value for Money: Involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. It means seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay
• Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
• High standard of English (IELTS score of at least 7 or equivalent)
• Bilingual level of spoken and written French and Arabic.
• Degree in relevant field.
• Experience of international development aid financial administration.
• High standard of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of other Microsoft applications.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Experience of international development aid project administration.
• Experience of working with civil society and international institutions.
• Experience of UK aid financial management systems and processes.
• Monitoring and Evaluation experience.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: gross salary of MAD 13,639 per month, inclusive of all allowances. The contract will be a Full Time, Fixed Term for two years with a possibility of extension.
Conditioned working hours for the position are 38 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Must have right to live and work in Morocco.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents in English when applying online:
1. A covering letter
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and completed online application form.
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or motivation section in the application form. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 13 March 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Morocco employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.