View Vacancy - Engagement Officer
The British Embassy in Rabat is seeking a hard working team-player to take up the position of Engagement Officer, grade A2 (L) to start as soon as possible.
Main purpose of the job:
The Engagement Officer will support the UK’s political, social, commercial and cultural aims in Morocco by playing a key role in the organisation of Embassy events. These include the annual Queen’s Birthday Party celebration, high-profile VIP visits, sports, artistic and cultural activities.
The successful candidate will have strong organisation and communication skills, will be able to prioritise flexibly and the ability to work collaboratively within a busy team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining a strategic forward look of events
- Coordinate events (receptions, dinners etc.), including drafting/updating guest lists, sending out invitations and collating RSVPs
- Acting as the main point of contact for external suppliers for events, including building and maintaining these relationships
- Developing an extensive contacts database for the Embassy
- Liaising with the Residence Manager, Comms team, and others involved in events/engagements
- Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Collaborating and Partnering: People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Changing and Improving: People who are effective in this area are responsive, innovative and seek out opportunities to create effective change.
- Fluency in English, French and Arabic both written and oral
- Confident communication and accurate drafting and writing ability;
- Strong organisation skills;
- Strong people skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a busy team;
- Previous event management experience;
- Good customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently,
- Prioritise flexibly and use own initiative to deliver to tight deadlines;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Willingness to work to frequent and tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard of work
- Communications experience, including social media
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: gross salary of MAD 13,639 per month, inclusive of all allowances. The contract will be a Full Time, Fixed Term for 1 year.
Conditioned working hours for the position are 38 hours per week Monday to Friday. Given the need to be present at events, this role will involve some working in evenings and occasional weekends. Time off in lieu will be given for any hours worked outside normal office hours.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents in English when applying online:
1. A covering letter
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and completed online application form.
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter or motivation section in the application form. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 18 March 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted. A test will be carried out to assess the level of writing in French.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Morocco employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.