View Vacancy - Internal Communications Intern (BEL19.264)
The UK Representation to the European Union (UKREP) is part of a worldwide network of diplomatic missions, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a highly motivated Intern for a three month internship. This is a unique and challenging time to be working at UKRep as the UK prepares to exit the European Union, as such there will be the opportunity to get involved in strategic communications across a range of internal communications channels.
The intern will be part of the Corporate, Staffing and Visits Section within UKRep and report to the Internal Communications Officer.
- Confidently working together with a wide range of internal stakeholders to produce creative internal communications, including writing blogs and news items; designing communications products; and web content publishing and administration for the UKRep intranet. Training will be provided;
- Enthusiastically assisting in the coordination of a variety of different internal events;
- Developing communication products to aid delivery of our change programme preparing UKRep for leaving the EU. There is also the opportunity to produce creative digital content for internal communications as well as for social media;
- Ad-Hoc support to the wider Corporate, Staffing and Visits Section.
- Passionate about good oral and written communications;
- Excellent Attention to Detail;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong communications and personal skills.
- Prior experience of traditional and digital communications;
- Web design, graphics and photography experience;
- Relevant degree in Communications;
- Previous UK Government and/or EU Institution experience.
This is a full-time professional immersion traineeship with the duration of 3 months, 36.25 hours net for 5 working days a week.
The professional immersion indemnity for this position is €796.91. The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium follow the Belgian minimum pay scales for paid internships as set out under local labour law.
For more details, please follow the link: http://www.emploi.belgique.be
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
Professional Immersion Traineeship Requirements:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old;
- Proof of valid medical coverage for the period of the internship (European Health Insurance Card);
- The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance;
- Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.