View Vacancy - Investment Lead Generation Executive, Dublin (IRL19.231)
The British Embassy in Dublin is part of a world-wide network, representing UK political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit an Investment Lead Generation Executive to be based in the Invest Northern Ireland (Invest NI) office in Dublin, the post-holder will support the delivery of Invest Northern Ireland’s market strategy, promote Northern Ireland’s FDI propositions, and attract businesses to visit Northern Ireland, with the ultimate goal to secure inward investment wins for Northern Ireland. The post-holder will be assigned specific business sectors in which they will be responsible for delivering.
The post-holder will work under the direction of Invest NI’s Regional Director for Ireland, arrange business meetings, prepare meeting schedules, undertake marketing research and assist with the identification of business opportunities for Northern Ireland. The post-holder will be required to undertake market research and formulate marketing material in co-ordination with other internal teams from time to time. Some of the key performance measurements include business contacts established, meetings arranged and leads generated.
The post-holder will work with Invest NI offices, support the delivery of business events, attend conferences/expos and work in partnership with other stakeholders such the UK Department of International Trade (DiT, Dublin), and other business organisations to gather market intelligence and insights. The post-holder will work with the Regional Director Ireland, Business Development Director Ireland and the wider Invest NI team on promotional initiatives including social medial campaigns.
The post-holder will record and maintain data on the Invest NI CRM system, prepare monthly returns and activity reports, and submit them on a timely basis.
The post-holder is expected to undertake travel occasionally, primarily within the island of Ireland and to the UK.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Assist with the delivery of an in-market strategy to promote Northern Ireland’s FDI capability which contributes to the overall goals of the Europe territory; The post-holder will be assigned specific business sectors in which he/she will be responsible for delivering.
- Undertake local market research, promote Northern Ireland and identify relevant business opportunities through market intelligence, connections and research; arrange business meetings for the Regional Director Ireland and Business Development Director Ireland and help to secure investment wins for Northern Ireland as part of the Invest NI Dublin Office team;
- Raise Invest NI’s profile, develop and maintain effective working relationships within the British Embassy, UK Department of International Trade (DIT), Northern Ireland government representatives, a wide range of stakeholders and businesses;
- Manage relevant information sources and maintain accurate recordings of customer and stakeholder information on Invest NI's CRM and management systems. Prepare reports (including activity / performance / market reports) accurately and in a timely fashion for line management;
- Work effectively and in partnership with wider teams based in Northern Ireland and other locations. responsible for delivering.
In order to carry out their work, it is expected that occasionally, the post-holder will be required to work or travel outside their normal working hours in order to attend events or meetings, conduct conference calls or deliver assignments within deadlines.
- Educated to University degree level in a business or related function;
- Over 3 years’ working experience in a private or public sector organisation;
- Experience undertaking market research, analysing market data, preparing reports, presenting information to teams / clients and helping them to achieve positive commercial outcomes;
- A sound commercial knowledge and business sector knowledge of Ireland and Northern Ireland, and the key business drivers;
- Good networking skills, experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships across all levels of business;
- Attention to detail, excellent organisational, IT and administrative skills;
- Ability to work at pace and independently as part of a remote team;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
This is a full-time position, initially on a 2 years fixed-term contract, 41 hours gross per week, with the possibility of renewal beyond this term.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Ireland are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Irish employment law.
Other benefits of this job offer:
- Membership of Defined Contribution Pension Plan;
- €1,000 contribution to LAYA Healthcare;
- 22 days annual leave;
- Learning and Development opportunities.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Ireland and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.