View Vacancy - Assistant to the Embassy Attache (DEU21.592 Re-Advertisement)
The British Embassy in Berlin is part of a world-wide network, representing a wide range of British interests overseas from political, through Economic, consular and Law Enforcement. The Embassy is now looking for an Assistant to Embassy Attache to assist law enforcement attachés to gather, develop and share information in support of UK and host agency priorities. The position holder will manage the administrative functions of the attaches’ office. This post is not an entry point to the UK's Diplomatic Service.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Process requests from German and UK Law Enforcement Agencies
- Answer telephone and email enquiries from German and UK partners
- Translate written material
- Assist in maintaining host nation relationships
- Manage office systems
- Conduct open source research and analysis
- Analyse data and present results
- Carry out general financial administration and pay invoices
- Attend meetings in support of attaches
- Organise various liaison events
- Fluency in German and English (both oral and written, minimum C1 level*)
- High level of translation and interpreting skills - English to German and German to English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good I.T. skills, in particular the ability to order and analyse data using Microsoft office
- A high level of flexibility, discretion and integrity
- Successful security clearance from UK and Germany
- Previous experience in law enforcement or knowledge of German criminal law
This is a full-time fixed-term position for a contract period of two years, with the possibility of renewal by mutual agreement. The gross yearly salary is €45,564.00 rising to approx. €51,182.00 gross per annum after a qualifying period in addition to performance related pay (salary is not negotiable).
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation in Germany in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Germany are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local German employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Germany and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country
Our Learning & Development environment:
The British Embassy in Berlin has a strong ethos of Learning & Development, including our Learning & Development Week. In addition, there will be many opportunities to attend external seminars and events on relevant issues. This is in addition to the induction programme offered to all Embassy staff.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to be actively involved in the corporate life of the Embassy, contributing to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and supporting the Embassy’s positive working environment.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
*Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessmen tindicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. . For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.