View Vacancy - Housekeeper/Residence (14/23 DAR)
Main purpose of this job is to do is to do general Housekeeping including laundry. The successful candidate will sometimes be required to assist with serving at events hosted at the residence.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, and polishing
- Ensuring all rooms and washrooms are cared for and inspected according to standards.
- Protecting equipment and making sure there are no inadequacies.
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate.
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any FCDO-related practices.
- Laundry operations.
- Serving guest during events.
- Proven experience as a Cleaner or Housekeeper.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Working quickly without compromising quality.
- Knowledge of English language.
- Housekeeping experience
- Banqueting experience
- Health and Safety
- Five Star Establishment Training in Housekeeping, Serving, Flower carving etc
- Food Hygiene
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 12 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.