View Vacancy - Defence Section Programmes/Office Manager (ALB19.476)
The British Embassy in Tirana is seeking a Defence Section Programmes/Office Manager. The main purpose of the job is to effectively manage the daily administration and reporting for the Defence Section, BE Tirana’s portfolio of UK Conflict Security and Stability Fund – DAF and CSSF programmes (50%).
Provide Office Management and wider support to the Defence Section, including Finance, Administration and support to the Defence Attaché (DA), Deputy Defence Attaché (DDA) and Assistant Defence Attaché (ADA) as required in order to achieve Defence Section objectives (50%).
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Daily management of ESCAPADE and Defence Engagement bilateral plan (DAF and CSSF) updates;
- Assist in the preparation of CSSF reports;
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to achieve Defence Section outputs;
- Prepare relevant documentation for the DA for attendance at CSSF Programme Board Meetings;
- Collaborate with Press and Public Affairs Section to ensure better publicity for activities organized and to demonstrate tangible results;
- Handle internal and external requests for information related to programme finances and data;
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries;
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and visits as required by the DA/DDA and ADA;
- Provide translations and interpret in support of meetings.
- Manage courses, including course matrix, processing of Joining Instructions and returns;
- Visa assistance, pre and post course administration, briefing and assistance as required;
- Manage Defence Section flight and hotel bookings;
- Assistance during in-country courses as required;
- Maintain alumni records and assist in event organisation as required;
- Support UK activity in Albania, including receiving, sustaining and onwards integration (RSOI), escorting, interpreting/translation and administration as required;
- Interface with Albanian MOD as required;
- Manage Overflight permissions as required;
- Management of required UK MOD DAF(N) returns.
- Management of Defence Section Delegated Budget forecast including payment of bills, prism claims and ePC card returns;
- Process DAF and CSSF programme finances. Produce accurate computer based forecast and expenditure reports as required (usually monthly), identifying significant over or under-expenditure and solutions to correct this;
- Work closely with implementers on invoice processing, supplier set-up, funding projections, forecasting, budgeting;
- Track budget deliverables using appropriate tools. Manage payment solutions and liaison with suppliers and institutions.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience, including evidence of engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Fluency in English and Albanian (written and spoken). Plus, the ability to translate and interpret;
- Proficiency in the administration and organising of events and activities. Excellent organisational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoExperience of Project Management (PM) and general administration (no formal PM qualifications required);
- Budget monitoring experience;
- Excellent writing, monitoring and reporting skills;
- Effective communication, ability to adapt communication style to different situations;
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and flexibly on special events/occasions in the Embassy calendar;
- A self-starter that can work well both individually and in a team;
- Willingness and desire for continual learning and development.
- Proficiency in FCO IT systems (Firecrest and PRISM);
- Previous experience in International organisation;
- Good knowledge of Albanian society, particularly in the areas of Defence, security and EU integration, good governance, civil society, socio-economic development and NATO;
- Knowledge of UK Defence structures and roles;
- Understanding of CSSF processes and procedures;
- Some knowledge of regional Defence and security systems is an advantage.
This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 127,626 (ALL) gross per month, at A2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and three months probation period.
Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Albania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tirana are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local (Albanian) employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.