View Vacancy - Senior Business Development Executive, Paris (Scottish Development International) FRA19.466
Scotland is looking for a Senior Business Development Executive to join their team based at the British Embassy in Paris.
The British Embassy Paris is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Scottish Development International (SDI), Scotland’s international trade agency, play an integral part in the Embassy’s commercial outreach with the role itself focussing on the Life Science and MedTech sectors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To advance and maintain strategic relationships with organisations, private / public, that increase Scottish trade by identifying export opportunities and market insights
- To provide expert support and advice to Scottish companies wishing to enter markets in France within the life science, MedTech and HealthTec sectors.
- To lead on the development of effective partnerships with stakeholders such as Chambers, procurement organisations, incubators and industry bodies
- To collaborate with colleagues from across Government, in particular, the UK’s Department for International Trade, FCO, as well as national / regional French entities
- To deliver key events and activities which support Scottish trade work in country including webinars, roadshows, trade missions and speaking opportunities
- To identify and attend sector specific trade shows, exhibitions and conferences to promote the Scottish Life Sciences proposition
- To support and leverage visits into the region by Scottish Ministers and senior colleagues with existing investors, prospects, customers and stakeholders
- To deliver against Scottish Government export targets and raise the profile of Scotland as a Life Science destination and R&D hub.
The main objective for this position is to develop and maintain strategic relationships that increase Scottish exports, identify export opportunities and provide market insights within the Life science sector in France. This will also include leading on the delivery of complex specialist support to Scottish companies looking to do business internationally.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- An experienced networker with established relationships in France within the Life Science and Healthtech sectors
- Understanding of the organisational structures and ecosystems of the French Life Science industries
- Analytical skills acquired in an international context with a consultative sales approach to achieving results
- Fast learning, self-starter who can demonstrate initiative, resilience, and project management skills
- Strong communicator, confident in using Office 365 platform as well as CRM platforms
- A team player with a collaborative approach who can work successfully within a geography and ‘virtual team’ to achieve common objectives
- Fluency in French and English
- An understanding of government and the role it plays international trade.
- Experience of working in an international trade promotion environment.
This is a full-time permanent contract.
All appointments are subject to professional background check satisfactory security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of his/her passport or national identity card for all nationalities held, an up-to-date criminal record (casier judiciaire) for recent countries of residence (which can be obtained online at www.justice.gouv.fr/cjn/), two written proofs of address (utility invoices and/or bank statements) and two references.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in France are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local French employment law and FCO guidance for Local Staff. The posts we offer are not an entry point into the UK’s Diplomatic Service.
Your application will only be considered if you follow the guidance below:
- Your application must be sent in English only.
- Your application must clearly indicate all nationalities you hold.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.