View Vacancy - UKVI Entry Clearance Officer (TUR19.509)
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to hire a full-time fixed-term UKVI Entry Clearance Officer to provide high quality, efficient and non-discriminatory visa application processing which meets published standards and to provide all customers with a firm, fast and fair service.
UKVI is the overseas arm of the UK's immigration control. Istanbul is one of the busiest Visa Sections in the world and processes applications made in Turkey, Central Asia, South Caucasus, Tel Aviv and Northern Cyprus. We are committed to providing a first class service, and are expected to be flexible, and to make fair and defensible decisions on visa applications quickly, balancing the need for a high level of customer service with the requirement to maintain the integrity of the immigration control.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess and resolve visa applications within agreed benchmarks. You must be able to analyse information, reach a decision quickly, and be able to justify this decision both orally and in writing. Entry Clearance Officers are expected to meet challenging daily workload targets;
- To ensure that all correspondence is considered, and reports or replies prepared within target times, in clear and concise English;
- To deal professionally with all callers to the Visa Section, whether on the telephone or in person, ensuring that people are treated fairly and responding sensitively to differences.
- Experience in visa work;
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word and Excel;
- Fluent in English;
- A proven track record of working quickly and reliably with little supervision and meeting challenging targets on a daily basis;
- Flexible and positive attitude about working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated department, which is working at the forefront of visa work;
- Capable of making quick decisions in accordance with set rules and able to show that these decisions are fair and just on all occasions;
- The ability to work well under pressure in a target driven environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Understanding of Turkish written/spoken.
Applicants must hold a passport valid for at least 12 months for any of the following: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or any EU country (note- Non British Passport Holders must also have Turkish nationality).
This is a full-time fixed-term contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week. These are fixed term contracts for an initial period of 6 months in response to seasonal demand. There may also be an option of extension and/or renewal of the contract
The monthly salary for this position is 2,602.41 USD gross, B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Consulate will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.