View Vacancy - Events and Hospitality Manager for Istanbul (TUR19.590)
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is seeking an experienced team leader to take up the position of Events and Hospitality Manager. This role is a maternity cover for 6 months. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Services Manager and will be part of the Turkey Network Corporate Services team.
The successful jobholder will be responsible for all aspects of the management and co-ordination of events at the Consulate General. He/she will be managing the business hospitality team of 13 staff and the housekeeping of all buildings on the compound.
This person will also be carrying out procurement according to FCO guidelines and person will have the responsibility for the transit rooms on the compound and inspection of marker hotels.
Main Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage and update the events calendar for all the various venues at the Consulate.
- Liaise with section representatives to provide planning and logistical support for their business hospitality events such as breakfasts, lunches and dinners plus conferences.
- Supervise and schedule event support staff such as waiters, security and cleaners.
- Oversee menus and quality of cooking and dinner service to ensure the highest possible standards.
- Oversee procurement, maintenance and set-up of all equipment and furniture related to event organisation.
- Supervise the housekeeping and quality of cleaning of all buildings on the compound including all offices within the Consulate, the Ballroom and fine rooms, meeting rooms and three transit rooms.
- Supervise purchase of cleaning supplies, stock records and record of consumption.
- Manage the cleaning, maintenance, booking and payment for the transit rooms.
- Manage the team of 8 cleaners, 3 gardeners, 1 assistant and 1 cook on a day to day basis to cover all routine work plus ad-hoc requests from sections.
- Conduct appraisals, manage staff performance including recognition of good performance and awarding of bonuses as well as managing poor performance, taking disciplinary action and other personnel actions as appropriate in line with FCO policy
- Comply with company and statutory regulations relating to food safety, health and safety at work, cleanliness, accident reporting and maintaining appropriate records.
- Ensure all costs and expenditure is accounted for correctly, within FCO guidelines.
- Provide the Corporate Services Manager with accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Previous experience in a similar customer service environment such as hotel and catering or event management.
- Knowledge and experience of protocols relating VIP visits and events
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to flexibly manage work, prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent customer care skills and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Must be fluent both in English and in Turkish
This is a full-time temporary contract for a maternity cover, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 1986.74 USD gross, paid in 12 instalments, A2(L) level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Consulate General will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.