View Vacancy - Project Officer – Media programme (ALB20.386)
Due to COVID-19, you may experiment some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in Tirana is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking for a Projects Officer to join the Programme Team, based in Tirana.
The British Embassy Tirana is looking for an able, experienced and motivated projects officer to support UK programme activity in Albania. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of projects regarding the media. The main role of the job is ensuring value for money and policy impact of the projects funded, and will provide technical as well as project management expertise to facilitate regional and bilateral programming in country.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement a portfolio of projects in the area of media, as part of an expanded UK programme for the Western Balkans, in line with UK priorities. This will involve working on bilateral projects and multi-country initiatives with partners across the region.
- Contribute to effective programme governance at the country and regional level, to support delivery of the Embassy’s Country Business Plan and UK priorities for the Western Balkans;
- Deliver high quality day-to-day project management (prepare narrative and financial project reports, relevant documentation, and responses to inquiries relating to programme work etc.) including monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Financial management of projects within their portfolio, in line with the best practice, ensuring all projects deliver value for money: track budget deliverables using appropriate tools. Manage payment solutions and liaise with suppliers and institutions;
- Monitoring partner work/delivery plans, including providing constructive challenge to implementing partners.
- Support the Programme Manager to identify and address weaknesses in delivery and partner capacity.
- Organise project-related events, visits and activities.
- Lead on the monitoring and evaluation of activity, ensuring the UK is receiving value for money;
- Contribute to effective project documentation– ensuring that terms of reference, procurement frameworks and project bids are accurate and support the Funds delivering against Embassy objectives.
- Collaborate with Press and Public Affairs Officers to effectively publicize project activity and demonstrate tangible results in line with UK guidance.
You will need to ensure that project interventions are conflict, crime, human rights and gender sensitive. In your role, you will work with the team to ensure Gender Equality Act compliance. An understanding of these issues, and how they apply when designing and delivering project interventions, would be an advantage.
- University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant subject e.g. Journalism, Communication Studies, Social and Political Science or related.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in a project management role, including evidence of engaging with stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Effective communication, including written and spoken fluency in English and Albanian and ability to adapt communication style to different situations;
- Experience in financial and narrative reporting;
- Strong analytical and judgement skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Some experience in monitoring, evaluation and results based management.
The FCO is committed to provide learning and development opportunities to all its employees, including:
- Formal in-house and external training.
- Coaching, mentoring and job shadowing.
- Structured learning on the job, including stretching objectives and work.
- Potential field visits to project deliverables, and attendance to regional conferences.
This is a full-time and fixed term contract of 12 months with the possibility of renewal, for 5 working days (36 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 127,626 ALL gross per month.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and three months probation period.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Albania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tirana are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local (Albanian) employment.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Consulate will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.