View Vacancy - Senior Key Account Manager and Business Development – ICT sector (DEU319)
The British Consulate-General in Munich is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Senior Key Account Manager and Business Development – ICT sector.
The UK has one of the most vibrant ICT sectors in the world. This job offers the opportunity to work at the heart of the UK’s strategy to promote inward investment to the UK from German ICT companies. You will identify and actively target ICT key account investors in the German Market who have the potential to invest in the UK. This involves managing projects, giving advice and assistance to potential, new and existing German key accounts and bringing investment projects to a successful conclusion. The job offers much autonomy and freedom to set your own direction in line with the agreed business plan, not least in cultivating key business contacts. The challenges of Brexit make the work both more important and more interesting. You will work as part of a small, friendly and supportive team in Munich and a wider network across Europe, with regular opportunities to travel.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key account management: to manage strategically and provide assistance to German ICT key accounts who have the potential to invest in the UK and/or to expand their existing activities. To build strong customer relationships with these key account companies. This includes working credibly at the most senior levels of decision making;
- Business development: To identify and actively target potential, new and existing German investors and bring investment projects to a successful conclusion in cooperation with UK
partners. To develop and manage a strong pipeline of potential investment projects into the UK and to promote the UK as a location for investment through the organisation of and participation in public relations and networking events;
- Strategy: mapping new opportunities in the fast-moving ICT sector, staying on top of trends and advising HQ colleagues on priorities for business planning. Risk mitigation work, including in the context of Brexit.
- Fluent English and German (both written and spoken, minimum of C2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Good knowledge of the German and UK Business Environments;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and be credible with business leaders;
- Key account management experience;
- Strong strategic planning and delivery skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple priorities effectively;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Self Starter – ability to work well on own initiative;Good IT skills, especially MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good knowledge of the ICT sector – including trends, opportunities and challenges;
- Experience of inward investment promotion work would be useful but not essential.
This is a full-time position of five working days 37.5 hours per week, for an initial contract period of two years, which may be extended by mutual agreement.
Staff recruited by the British Consulate-General are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to German employment law.
The British Consulate-General is strongly committed to helping its staff develop the skills they need. The Foreign Office offers a wide range of relevant training courses and wider opportunities for personal development. Some degree of home working will be possible in this role.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
All applicants interested in this job opportunity should have the legal right to live and work in Germany. The British Consulate-General does not sponsor work permits.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for Germany in order to apply. Any non-EU national applicants must have an unrestricted residence and work permit for Germany at the time of application.
Please be advised that the British Consulate-General will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.