View Vacancy - Accommodation Worker
Main purpose of job:
To support the Estates section in the Corporates Services department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning duties for HMG Properties, office and BHC Residence
- Furnishing (furniture set up) HMG Properties and office
- Furniture move and set up for HMG Office and Residence including HC Residence
- Moving incoming and outgoing dip bags
- Replace shredding machine bags in Management utility room and UKVI
- Assist UKBA in the file room moving works
- Re-Organising the furniture store
- Checking, cleaning and organizing of management and 1st floor conference room.
- Collect Garbage from Office, Residence , Club and BHC Comm.
- Floor Cleaning duties at HMG properties
- Collect electric float from TWG and deliver to house/apartment
- Collect domestic float and deliver to house/apartment
Level of language required: Fluent in written and oral Bangla
Learning and development opportunities:
Successful candidate will be provided on job training
Essential on arrival:
- Minimum HSC pass
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and handle multitasking
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Must be able to lift 25kg
Basis command of English (oral)
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary range will be BDT 28,109 per month.
The British High Commission offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement, Health Insurance and relevant L&D opportunities.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note that the applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered:
(a) Complete the Online Application Form
(b) Attach a detailed CV
(c) Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable). They should also inform their current line managers, and check for the eligibility clause if on probation, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by “24th October 2019” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.