View Vacancy - Deputy Corporate Services Manager (TUR19.639)
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. The British Embassy in Ankara, the Consulate General in Istanbul and the coastal posts (Izmir, Marmaris, Antalya, Bodrum and Fethiye) together form the Turkey network. A vacancy has arisen for a Deputy Corporate Services Manager in Istanbul.
The main purpose of this position is to assist the Corporate Services Manager with management of the budget and the estate to achieve the UK’s objectives in Turkey while maximising value for money. This is a high paced role and resilience, flexibility, a positive outlook to change and adaptability are all qualities that will be needed by the jobholder.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of management information returns in the fields of finance and procurement;
- Supplier and contract management;
- Financial administration duties including Post accounting and checks;
- Processing financial claims;
- Managing the P2P (Purchase To Pay) processes at Post;
- Dealing with enquiries from and assisting staff on administrative procedures;
- Leading on customs and protocol related matters, including VIP visits;
- Providing logistical support to the Consulate, diplomatic staff and families through the Customs & Protocol team;
- Deputising for the Corporate Service Manager as and when necessary;
- Direct line management responsibility for two officers;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Corporate Services Manager.
- Fluent English and Turkish communication skills (written and spoken);
- Previous experience in Finance and Procurement in an international environment;
- Educated to Degree level or previous solid experience in an office environment (at least 2-3 years), plus line-managing staff;
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization, plus a strong customer focus;
- Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of prioritising workload and delivering high standard results within tight deadlines;
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills with very good attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and motivate the team members;
- Motivated and able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to travel occasionally within the region or internationally (5%);
- Willingness to work additional hours as necessary.
- Good knowledge of the Oracle based systems on the procurement side would be an advantage;
- Contract management experience.
This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 2,602.41 USD gross B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General in Istanbul does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy in Ankara will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.