View Vacancy - Regional Learning and Development Adviser
The British Embassy, Tunis has a vacancy for a Regional Learning & Development Adviser, Grade C4 (L). This is a one year renewable fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will provide consultative L&D support to approximately 8 posts plus other stakeholders within the MENAD region, along with delivery of formal L&D.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Office based Account Management to support customers in their L&D strategy (design, implementation and business planning).
- Provide advice support to Posts to help achieve their country business plans through understanding their Learning Needs and the complexities of the Posts.
- Support other corporate stakeholders (thematic account management) where required.
- Extensive travel within the region to provide L&D support and advice at Posts, including formal delivery.
Seeing the Big Picture: Develop understanding of how own and team’s work supports achievement of Departmental priorities and delivery to the customer.
Collaborating and Partnering: It requires working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
Leading and Communicating: Display enthusiasm around goals and activities – adopting a positive approach when interacting with others.
Building Capability for All: Effectiveness in this area is having a strong focus on continuous learning for oneself, others and the organisation.
Managing a Quality Service: Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirement.
Delivering at Pace: Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- At least 5 years account management in the L&D environment or other relevant service industry;
- Understanding of Learning and Development principles and practical experience of delivering L&D;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English;
- Experience in Budget Management;
- Delivery and Presentation Skills;
- Coaching Skills;
- Stakeholder Management Skills;
- Strong IT skills and literacy in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).Experience in Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Understanding of the region and the ability to travel to challenging environments.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The British Embassy in Tunisia offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role. Initial salary will be TND 4727 per month while on probation. Salary after probation is TND 5881.
Conditioned working hours are 40 hours gross per week. Standard working hours are from 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Monday to Thursday. 08:00 – 13:00 on Fridays.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period. The appointment is also subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
Candidates must ensure that they are eligible to work and reside in Tunisia.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
1. A covering letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 23rd October 2016.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
You must have pre-existing work authorisation for Tunis in order to apply.
The British Embassy in Tunis is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
This opportunity is closed to applications.