View Vacancy - Operations Coordinator & Digital Projects Coordinator
The British Embassy, Israel has vacancies for an Operations Coordinator & for a Digital Projects Coordinator, both Grade A2 (L).
About the UK Israel Tech Hub:
Launched in October 2011 at the British Embassy Israel, the Hub helps drive economic growth in both countries by helping British and Israeli companies partner in technology and innovation. The goal is to create partnerships in which British companies help Israeli innovation go global, and Israeli innovation gives British companies a global competitive edge.
Overview of the roles:
We have two available positions with similar responsibilities and required qualifications; applicants must clearly state if they would like to apply for both or one (which one if so).
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and highly-motivated self-starter to take the lead on operational aspects of the UK Israel Tech Hub, as well as administrative and public-facing duties in the department. These positions are an ideal platform to develop skills and experience in a dynamic team focused on top priority of the Embassy – using public diplomacy to position the UK as a natural partner of choice for Israel in technology. For more information on the Hub please visit www.ukisraelhub.com.
One position- Operations Coordinator, will include serving as the Personal Assistant to the Director and office manager for the team.
The other position- Digital Projects Coordinator will take the lead support role within the digital team of the UK Israel Tech Hub. The digital team is comprised of two sector specialists each leading on strategic synergies between the UK and Israel, in Creative Industries and in the Retail, Financial and Cyber sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the Hub and Embassy’s work by planning and executing high profile events: assume a key role in planning projects and events such as business delegations, conferences and receptions. Work with external suppliers to negotiate venue hire, hotel bookings, tech support, produce materials, etc.
- Represent the Hub publicly in response to phone and web inquiries and in person at events.
- Design and implement team policies by establishing or maintaining standards, systems and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments. Manage the Hub’s IT systems- database, CRM and file-sharing.
- Lead work on all logistical and administrative components for the Hub’s on-going activities.
- Produce letters, reports, presentations, provide analysis and research as requested.
- HR- Assist with recruitment of new staff, and in the on-boarding process for new hires. (only for the Operations Coordinator position).
- Manage diary and schedule meetings and appointments for Hub Director, including preparing briefing materials; travel arrangements. (only for the Operations Coordinator position),
- Budget - Process payments and manage Hub’s procurement budget. (only for the Operations Coordinator position)
- Collaborating & Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organized to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Seeing the Big Picture – Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Building Capability for All - Effectiveness in this area is having a strong focus on continuous learning for oneself, others and the organisation.
- Demonstrating Resilience - It is about people to build resilience in international roles, supporting their ability to adapt to working in difficult and varied international environments; and to bounce back from crises and setbacks in these contexts.
(Your application must include examples in your cover letter of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
Essential experience and qualifications:
- BA from an academic institution, or equivalent, required.
- Proven high level organisational and administrative skills, including working with senior personnel.
- Experience organising events.
- Experience working with accounts and budgets (required for Operations Coordinator position only).
- Strong IT skills including (preferred) Office, Google Docs and CRM
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Hebrew Language Skills.
Skills and Attributes:
- Can work independently yet as part of a team.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter attitude; initiative and creativity, “out of the box” thinking approach.
- Energetic and brings enthusiasm in performing job duties
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks, in a “start-up environment”.
- Experience in technology and/or business- a strong plus.
- A strong interest in Israeli innovation. Prior knowledge of the Israeli tech ecosystem, including start-ups, investment community, accelerator/incubator programmes, industry experts and emerging trends – strong plus.
- Arabic language skills.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including the non negotiable salary of ILS 9,254 per month, plus social benefits. Parking facilities will not be provided or paid for by the Embassy.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday, 8:00 – 16:00 and Friday 8:00-13:30, with some flexibility required including occasional evening events.
The appointment will be subject to security clearance and a probationary period of 4 months.
The position is available immediately.
Candidate must be able to work legally in Israel.
The closing date for applications will be 10 January 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form or cover letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
The selection process will include an interview and a written exercise.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances
The British Embassy Tel Aviv is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.