View Vacancy - JKT - Programme Officer A2
Main purpose of job:
The British Embassy Jakarta is great place to work and develop expertise in an international and friendly environment. The embassy is preparing to deliver a major programme to support expansion of Renewable Energy in Indonesia in support of the Indonesian Government’s target to deliver 23% of power from Renewable Energy by 2025. It is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to help shape and deliver a brand new programme from start to finish and learn new skills as well as apply existing expertise.
The Renewable Energy and Programmes Team at the British Embassy Jakarta is looking for a suitably qualified and professional Programme Officer. The incumbent will: 1) Support The Renewable Energy and Programme Team in the design, implementation and monitoring of multi-year Renewable Energy Programme to ; 2) Act as secretariat for the Embassy’s Programme Management Board, which monitors all programmes and projects the embassy delivers; and 3) Provide administrative support to the Team Leader and wider team.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
1. Renewable Energy Programme Support
- Financial management of the programme and projects - raising requisitions, processing invoices and checking financial reports.
- Supporting development of Renewable Energy Programme documentation to source and engage implementers.
- Ensuring timely delivery by implementers, including meeting quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting deadlines.
2. Programme Management Board Secretariat
- Preparing and circulating Programme Board Meeting papers.
- Maintaining and updating the Embassy’s Programme Monitoring Dashboard
- Collaborating with Embassy policy leads to update project data.
3. General Programme Team Support
- Conducting ad-hoc research on various issues, especially renewable energy and regulatory reform.
- Organising activities, visits and meetings related to programme project delivery and monitoring; participating in events as required, representing the Embassy externally.
- Managing the Programme Team database and document inventory.
- At least a University degree in a relevant subject, such as Business Administration, Project Management, or any Social Science field.
- At least two years experience in project administration, ideally with an international organisation.
- Experience and expertise in Renewable Energy policy, project delivery.
- Excellent administration, organisational and IT skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work confidently with financial data.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Indonesian; ability to draft a wide range of correspondence.
- Flexibility and resilience under pressure, with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard under tight time scales.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work with people of different levels and backgrounds.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Words, Excel and Outlook etc.)
- Willingness to travel
- An interest in, and ambition to, develop broader expertise in Renewable Energy field.
- Basic understanding of accounting and cost benefit analysis.
The position is offered on a 3 year fixed term contract.
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
The Embassy has an active L&D Committee which works hard to provide a comprehensive L&D offer. There are a wide range of options available for personal development including training courses, coaching and mentoring, job-shadowing, presentations and learning sets. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all the available opportunities. The job-holder will be required to take some specific training courses related to financial management, including the use of software packages such as Prism and Hyperion. All new staff must undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management. This position also provides opportunity for taking Programme and Project management courses.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Applicants must have work authorisation for Indonesia in order to apply. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on 27 September 2017.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.