View Vacancy - Temporary Media Advisor and Digital Manager (Maternity Leave Cover)
The British Embassy in Israel is recruiting a Temporary Media Advisor and Digital Manager (Maternity Leave Cover)
The British Embassy in Israel is looking for a temporary Media Advisor and Digital Manager to join its Communications Team from mid October, to cover a period of 6 months with possible extension.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, energetic and highly-motivated individual to play a key role in the Embassy’s high-profile public diplomacy and media work. Reporting to the Head of Communications, the successful candidate will assist in implementing the Embassy’s communications strategy, and maintain primary responsibility for the Embassy’s digital presence. The individual will be responsible for securing high-profile coverage and public exposure of Embassy activities. The Media advisor and digital manager plays a leading role in organising and delivering an ambitious programme of public events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Actively promoting coverage of Embassy activities, while initiating opportunities for press coverage and planning media activity.
- Writing and disseminating press releases in English and Hebrew.
- Creating and maintaining an active presence on various social media platforms (lead).
- Dealing with enquiries from members of the press.
- Leading the planning of events of all scales, mainly focusing on soft-power opportunities.
- Monitoring the Israeli media and writing regular press round-ups
- Additional tasks as required, including swift and accurate translation from Hebrew to English and English to Hebrew.
Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
Collaborating & Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
Making Effective Decisions - Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgment, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice.
Leading and Communicating – Effectiveness in this area is about leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm.
Seeing the Big Picture – Seeing the big picture is about having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs.
Required experience and qualifications:
- BA required (preferably in communications or a related field)
- Proficiency in managing social media (at least three years of experience)
- At least two years of experience working with media in a PR company, or other related communications positions
- Proven experience in managing medium-large scale events
- Creativity, flexibility and excellent communications skills
- Proven organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well as a part of a team
- Excellent IT skills, including the ability to quickly learn new programme
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and contacts in the Israeli press.
- Experience with website management / design or marketing.
- Strategic awareness of UK-Israel relations and the role of the British Embassy in delivering UK objectives.
- Fluency in English and Hebrew (excellent reading, writing and speaking).
- Motivation and enthusiasm to work as part of a small, agile, ambitious team.
- The contract will be for 6 months, with a 5 week probationary period.
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday, 8:00 – 16:00 and Friday 8:00-13:30, with some flexibility required including occasional evening events.
- Parking facilities will not be provided or paid for.
- Salary is ILS 9,254.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
1. An updated Curriculum Vitae.
2. Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form.
3. A covering letter stating why you feel you have the necessary skills to perform well in the above role.
IMPORTANT: (Your application must include examples in your cover letter of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
Application deadline: 19th July 2016
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
The selection process will include an interview and a written exercise.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The successful candidate must be available to take up the position by mid-October 2016.
The British Embassy Tel Aviv is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.