View Vacancy - Deputy Head of Corporate Services C4 (L) (05/19 ADD)
Main purpose of job:
Provide strategic leadership and staff development for Corporate Services staff and ensure the smooth running of the platform.
Roles and responsibilities:
Provide guidance and strategic direction;
- Ensure CS staff have realistic and measurable objectives, focussed development plans and access to the guidance and tools they need to do their jobs effectively
- Adherence to FCO Guidance and Best Practice at all times
- Achieve the standards in the Corporate Services Charter
- Lead a high performing, customer focused team that underpins the effective functioning of the Embassy
- Ensure that all staff in the Embassy have confidence that they will receive the support they need from corporate services in order to do their jobs
Ensure effective and efficient delivery of services including:
- Implementing all recommendations from internal audit, hub or RMD and reports promptly
- Ensuring high standards of customer service are maintained at all times
- Be innovative and creative within existing guidelines to achieve value for money at all times
To oversee delivery of the 1HMG Memorandum of Understandings including:
- Ensuring the standards set out in the MoU are met
- Keeping Embassy processes up to date with the latest requirements from the Network Board
- Leading for the Embassy on negotiations with PAGs and succession plans
To find more efficient and value for money ways for the Embassy to use the resources available to it, including;
- Ensuring that procurement is conducted in accordance with procurement policies
- Introducing more effective systems
- Coaching and supporting individuals and teams to enhance their ways of working
- Keeping Embassy policies up to date with the latest best practice and central guidance
- Direct management of 4-6 people and oversight of 18-20 (exact team structure to be advised)
- Oversight of budget of up to £2,000,000
- Experience of managing a team for a minimum of 3 years.
- Proven good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience of improving systems and procedures.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Management or any related field.
- Experience of managing a budget and customer service experience.
- Amharic an advantage.
Learning and development opportunities:
The British Embassy has a learning and development culture.
Training for all aspects of the job will be available and a wide variety of personal development training opportunities available to all Embassy staff.
Flexible working can be accommodated in consultation with the Corporate Services Director.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay the fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
This opportunity is closed to applications.