View Vacancy - Deputy Transport & Logistics Manager (DEU22.063)
The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we're looking for a Deputy Logistic & Transport Manager / Driver. The jobholder will support and foster the daily presence of the British Government in Germany.
As part of a small Transport Team, the main purpose of this job role is providing transport & administrative support to the Embassy and Consulates in the Germany Network, which includes driving duties across Germany. The jobholder will be responsible for working closely with the Logistic & Transport Manager and supporting him in his roles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving duties;
- Vehicle maintenance;
- Post room duties;
- Provide administrative support to the Transport Manager & Transport Team;
- Support the Transport Manager as his deputy to: prepare transport programmes including for senior official and Ministerial level visitors; arrange events and carry out general transport duties; make transport arrangements in response to a security crisis:-and during the Manager’s absences, supervise drivers and ensure that appointments and travel run smoothly;
- During Transport Manager’s absences, supervise other drivers;
- Contribute to the wider objective of the British Government’s Germany network and to support the Embassy’s positive working environment;
- Undertake other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job;
- Assist and be a part of the embassy crisis team.
- Excellent German and English language skills (written and spoken, minimum level required C1 under the CEFRL or equivalent*) are required;
- A minimum of 5 years professional driving experience;
- C1 (7.5t) German driving licence or the ability to transfer to a German licence;
- Clean driving licence;
- Experience with driving security vehicles & VIP driving skills;
- The ability to supervise and work as part of a team;
- The ability to work shifts, with time off in lieu (TOIL) and be available to work overtime hours as and when required. Be required to travel throughout Germany when required;
- Good communication skills to work with customers including dealing with Police, Government Officials;
- Good IT skills, especially MS Outlook, Word, Excel and be able to draft visit programmes.
This is a full-time fixed-term position for a contract period of two years from starting date with the possibility of making permanent depending on performance and available funding.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation in Germany in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local German employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Germany and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Our Learning & Development environment:
The British Embassy has a strong ethos of Learning & Development, including our Learning & Development Week. In addition, there will be many opportunities to attend external seminars and events on relevant issues. This is in addition to the induction programme offered to all staff.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to be actively involved in the corporate life of the British Embassy, contributing to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and supporting the British Embassy’s positive working environment.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.