View Vacancy - Internship in Human Resources - British Embassy, Berlin (DEU19.035)
The British Embassy Corporate Services section in Berlin is seeking an intern for a period of 3-6 months to support the HR team. Alternatively, mandatory internships can be offered for a period of up to 6 months.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the work of British diplomatic missions in Germany and in particular the structure of the HR model at the FCO. You will develop an understanding of diplomatic protocol and further your existing knowledge of German labour law. The British Embassy plays a key role in delivering the UK strategy abroad and you will have the opportunity to take part in Embassy wide events and initiatives too.
You will learn about:
- The HR model, policies and processes at the FCO;
- German labour law and diplomatic protocol;
- How administrative tasks and payroll processes are actioned;
- Learning and development;
- How budgets are managed and tracked;
- How recruitment campaigns are carried out;
- The structure of the Embassy and get to know the different sections.
- You are currently studying Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or a related business field at a European University;
- Fluent English and advanced German language skills (both oral and written).
During the internship period (3 or 6 months) you must be enrolled in a European University programme.
The successful candidate will be subject to a background and security check before the internship can commence.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.