View Vacancy - Security Guard (BLR19.730)
The British Embassy in Minsk is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas.
The Embassy is seeking to recruit an Security Guard to be the first point of contact for visitors to the Embassy. Security Guard should respond in a professional manner to any security incident or situation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and control visitors to the Embassy;
- Issue and check daily all Embassy visitor's passes;
- Searching/scan all incoming mail;
- Carry out patrols and physical checks of the Embassy;
- Searching Embassy vehicles;
- Searching goods brought into the Embassy;
- Patrolling areas adjacent to the Embassy in order to identify and report about suspect vehicles, people or objects. Patrolling for safety and fire;
- Escorting visitors when needed;
- Monitoring contractors who carry out works at the Embassy or rented properties;
- Logging all staff and visitors entering/leaving the Embassy;
- Receptionist duties;
- Backup Driver;
- Check smoke alarms, fire points and fire extinguishers;
- Maintain all appropriate occurrence books;
- Any other duty as directed by the Post Security Officer, PSM.
- Previous security work experience;
- Good spoken and written communication skills in English;
- Advanced spoken and written communication skills in Russian;
- Flexibility and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure;
- Good organisation skills and the ability to work without close supervision;
- Excellent driving skills and relevant driving experience;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint) and web applications;
- Candidate must be based in Minsk.
- Security work experience at supervisory level;
- First Aid and or/knowledge of First Aid procedures and delivery experience;
- International environment work experience.
- Good spoken and written communication skills in Belarusian;
This is a permanent full-time position, five working days, 36 hours net per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Belarus are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belarus employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Belarus. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.