View Vacancy - Prosperity Programme Communications and Administrative Intern
To be a member of the Prosperity Programme Team, collaborating in external and internal activities, according to the objectives of the British Embassy in Bogotá.
To support the Prosperity Programme, and work jointly with other Embassy teams, specially the Press and Public Affairs team, under the supervision of the Prosperity Programme Programme Manager and Delivery Officer, with responsibilities in communications and programme delivery.
Roles and responsibilities:
Communications Support (70%)
1. Support the effective implementation of the Prosperity Programme’s communications , by developing a close working relation with the Programme Team, the Embassy’s Press and Public Affairs (PPA) team, as well as the communication teams of the Programme’s partners and allies.
2. Develop communications inputs, content and materials to support programme publications, achievements and campaigns (digital and print), with inputs from the Programme Team.
3. Source and process materials to amplify and disseminate PP events and activities ahead/during/after. The coverage of events and visits includes photography, video-recording, interviewing and editing.
4. Review and assess impact of communication initiatives, including media reports after official events or visits, and drafting communications impact reports periodically.
5. Draft and design marketing materials for the Prosperity Programme, including invitations, infographics, images, posters, videos and brochures .
6. Support the logistics associated to programme’s dissemination and stakeholders' management activities.
Administrative Support (30%)
1. Support the team in key information management processes, including the organisation and standardisation of files across strands and projects.
2. Support other related tasks as identified by the Programme Team, including record keeping and other project-related tasks associated to activity coordination and delivery.
3. Support the Programme Team on administrative matters when required. This includes the planning and organisation of meetings or events, and preparation of necessary documents.
- Currently enrolled in the last semesters of university degree in communications or a related subject (journalism, advertising, digital marketing, international relations, business administration etc.)
- Strong writing skills in English and Spanish.
- Available full-time
- Responsible, committed to the job.
- Organised and attentive to detail.
- Solid content creation and edition skills. Experience with previous content creation and/ or social media management.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with different teams.
- Works well against deadlines.
- Interested in international Affairs and the development of the United Kingdom’s activities and projects for development in Colombia.
- Well organised, good team work, excellent customer services and providers management.
- Experience designing graphic pieces for digital use and promotion.
- Creative skills
Learning and development opportunities:
Possibility to participate in learning opportunities for improving video-editing skills, social media skills, and learning and development events organised by the Embassy.
Mondays to Thursdays 8:30 to 17:00 and Fridays 8:30 to 13:30
Full time position, with opportunities to work from home.
Need legal permit to work and reside in Colombia.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
This opportunity is closed to applications.