View Vacancy - AUH - Regional Recruitment Manager (EO)
The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Regional HR Hub is looking for a Regional Recruitment Manager to be based at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi. This is for a fixed term contract of three (3) years, with a possibility of renewal.
The role of the Regional HR Hub is to provide key HR Services (recruitment, pay and reward, talent and performance management and HR enquiries) to customers across the region and to provide a strategic and professional HR capability to support Senior Leaders in delivery of business of objectives. The Regional HR hub forms an integral part of the global HR offer to staff working in the overseas network for the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), and leads on all region-specific HR issues in collaboration with the London-based HR Directorate.
The Regional Recruitment Manager will effectively lead and manage a team of Regional Recruitment Officers to provide SME support and guidance across the full recruitment life cycle of country based staff (CBS) to British Embassies and Consulates in the Middle East & North Africa region.
The jobholder is responsible for the oversight, and successful delivery of, all recruitment processes. They will also play a vital role in driving continual improvement of recruitment processes by implementing global recruitment best practice across the region, which are also locally appropriate. As regional expert, the Regional Recruitment Manager will manage high-level engagement with senior stakeholders and partners in the region. The jobholder will also need to provide HR advisory support to assigned Posts/ Embassies. It is essential for the jobholder to be an excellent team player with strong communication and customer service skills.
The role reports into the Deputy Head Regional HR, closely working with stakeholders across the network and with HR policy leads, to contribute towards, develop, and manage, HR, recruitment policies and processes, which are aligned to global best practise.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Recruitment service delivery
- Overall ownership and effective and efficient delivery of the highest quality recruitment services to the region within the agreed SLAs/ KPIs
- Advise and guide hiring managers on the recruitment process, giving inputs for successful high quality recruitment service
- Carry out job evaluations (using an in-house Job Evaluation and Grading System) for vacancies within the region.
- An element of the job will also focus on HR Advisory, providing advisory support to assigned Posts/ Embassies across the employee life cycle.
- Lead on recruitment projects and initiatives as Regional Lead working closely with stakeholders in UK and across the FCDO network.
- Team management
- Engage, motivate, develop, and line manage three (3) Regional Recruitment Officers to effectively deliver the recruitment requirements for the region within the defined SLA.
- Manage the Recruitment Team effectively on day-to-day operational matters, delegate work equally, and support team members when required for hard to fill positions, queries on processes and procedures.
- Keep the team updated on any policy developments and changes in order to create awareness within them and effective delivery of policy guidance.
- Stakeholder management
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with Posts/ Embassies by actively engaging with relevant stakeholders and Hiring Managers on recruitment-related matters.
- Ensure that very high engagement levels with all key customers are established and maintained to effectively understand and manage customised recruitment campaigns and other challenges.
- Work with necessary recruitment vendors.
- Conduct workshops to build hiring manager capability across the region.
- Collaborate with peers from other Regional HR Hubs to drive consistency and process improvement.
- Management information systems and reporting
- Ensure effective and optimum use of the recruitment software by the team.
- Effective management of Recruitment MIS, mailboxes, and trackers.
- Timely reporting of the SLA, KPIs and any other reports required.
- Conduct regular quality checks.
- Work on creating dashboards for recruitment MI.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key behaviours required:
- Changing and Improving - Seek out opportunities to create effective change and suggest innovative ideas for improvement. Review ways of working, including seeking and providing feedback.
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Developing Self and Others - Focus on continuous learning and development for self, others and the organisation as a whole.
- Delivering at Pace - Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Making Effective Decisions - Use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice. Carefully consider alternative options, implications and risks of decisions.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years in a frontline customer facing role at a supervisory level
- Experience in line management, with proven experience of building capability within own team
- Ability to work with people at all levels of seniority in an international environment and within a fast paced, results oriented organisation.
- Ability to handle confidential employee issues/information and interact with employees in a professional and sensitive manner at all times.
- High-level of organisational and coordination skills, including the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines/ targets, proactively identify and resolve potential problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing transactional processes, including recommending innovative enhancements
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and spoken. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Strong IT computer skills and in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Two to three years’ experience of full life cycle recruitment experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-volume, shared service environment
- Experience in a shared service/ regional environment, ideally within GCC or MENA region.
- Bachelor’s (or Masters) degree in HR, business ,or related studies
- Holds CIPD Level 3 or higher certification or its equivalent HR qualification
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems such as WCN, Taleo, iCIMS or Oracle-based software (a high degree of IT technical skills is required)
- Experience with a job evaluation systems (e.g., Hays)
- Fluency in other languages of the region (e.g., Arabic, Farsi, French, Hebrew)
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of leave per annum; on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Salary is at AED 16,871 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Effective 01 January 2022, the Embassy will be open from Monday to Friday, from 07:30 to 18:00. Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week (including breaks), and specific working hours for this role will be confirmed at a later time.
Flexible working arrangements may be considered based on operational requirements and agreement with the line manager, and in line with FCDO and Embassy policies.
The successful candidate must also be available for occasional travel within the region for business/ official purposes.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV); 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and 3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include these this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (UAE local time) on 24 August 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted. Any assessments and/ or interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.