View Vacancy - HR Officer (DEU22.087)
The British Government in Germany is based at the British Embassy in Berlin and our consulates in Dusseldorf and Munich. We are part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Currently, we are looking for an HR Officer. The jobholder will support and foster the daily presence of the British Government in Germany.
As part of our HR Team, the HR Officer will support the HR Manager by providing a professional HR service across the British diplomatic missions in Germany in line with German labour law, best practice and central policy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support with On- and Offboarding of country based staff and diplomats;
- Support recruitment in co-operation with the HR hub in Lisbon, being actively involved by advertising vacant positions and supporting the hiring process;
- Advise on HR policies and procedures; monitor and respond to queries in the HR Germany inbox;
- Assist in preparing monthly salaries;
- Monitor & track the Learning & Development budget;
- General HR admin: e.g. update and monitor absence list, update annual lists for the Foreign Office, prepare routine letters, liaise with the Community Liaison Officer to ensure post reports are regularly reviewed and kept up-to-date;
- Create requisitions and process HR related invoices;
- Provide admin support for the Head of Corporate Services;
- Corporate projects focussed on supporting and developing the collective spirit of the Embassy and the Consulate-Generals in Germany;
- Other duties which may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job;
- Support for crisis assistance and ad hoc projects.
- Recent work experience of at least 2 years within a similar role;
- Excellent numeracy skills and good attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines;
- Fluent English and German, both written and verbal (at least C1 level);
- Good communication skills and strong customer focus;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently, but also with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams as appropriate;
- Good IT skills, especially standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Some knowledge of German labour law and social insurance regulations;
- Some knowledge of UK national insurance regulations;
- Experience of working with Oracle databases.
This is a full-time fixed-term position for a contract period of two years from starting date with the possibility of making permanent depending on performance and available funding.
The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background check and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation in Germany in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local German employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Germany and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Our Learning & Development environment:
The British Embassy has a strong ethos of Learning & Development, including our Learning & Development Week. In addition, there will be many opportunities to attend external seminars and events on relevant issues. This is in addition to the induction programme offered to all staff.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to be actively involved in the corporate life of the British Embassy, contributing to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and supporting the British Embassy’s positive working environment.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C2 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.