View Vacancy - Estates Intern
To provide administrative support to the Estates Team in the British Consulate-General Rio de Janeiro, providing daily support to the network as required. He/she will work closely with the Estates Analyst/Assistant and Office Assistants, supporting with the day to day maintenance and running of the network estate. He/she will need to be dynamic, pro-active and have a can-do positive attitude. Being a team player with excellent communication, customer focus and relationship skills. Required good prioritisation skills and time management with the ability to deal with many different tasks and administrative work requests at the same time.
This is a challenging position within the Corporate Services Team at the British Consulate-General Rio de Janeiro. The successful candidate will have the chance to work face-to-face with diplomats and official visitors, and be involved in the diplomatic life of a Consulate.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Provide general support to the Brazil Network Estates Teams, receiving, auctioning and inspecting customer service tasks related to the Estate; monitoring and inspecting corrective works closely and effectively with the Network Office Environment Team.
- Keep the service request systems up to date with regular and accurate service delivery progress and feedback to clients via the internal customer communication system (Estates Request) or via email/phone.
- Support on the planning and auctioning the Preventive Maintenance schedules.
- Support on the liaising with internal customers on estates maintenance demands across embassy and official properties.
- Support on the liaising with local contractors making sure that work requests and maintenance term contracts are carried out correctly within the deadlines and that all work is done according to British and Brazilian codes of practice. Regularly and effectively liaising closely with all members of the Corporate Services teams, clients & contractors, making sure property visits and works are arranged and managed effectively and that all work is inspected.
- Assisting the Estates Analyst and Estates Assistant as and when required.
- Give support on other ad-hoc administrative support as and when required.
- The Network Estate Intern position and balance of tasks will inevitably change, particularly during the first six months.
- Ongoing graduation in Business Administration or similar (from 3rd semester and on).
- Must have good written and oral fluency in English and good communication skills in both Portuguese and English.
- The successful candidate must be a team worker and know how to prioritise accordingly. He/she must also be flexible, dynamic and pro-active. Candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Office tools.
Language: Portuguese / English
Level of language required: Professional proficiency / Fluent Portuguese, Advanced English
The British Consulate-General Rio de Janeiro will work with the successful candidate in looking for ways to combine their academic interests with the work undertake for the network.
Working Pattern: Part time job, 30hrs weekly, flexible working hours between 8am-6pm: 6 working hours + 1 hour lunch.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Applications in English should be submitted in the form of a covering letter (max. 1 page) setting out why you want the job and what value you would bring, together with a CV (max. 2 pages) and two references.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities. Eligibility to work and live in Brazil is required.
This opportunity is closed to applications.