View Vacancy - Corporate Services Team Assistant (DEU18.155)
The British Embassy in Berlin is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Corporate Services Team Assistant to provide administrative support to the Estates and Procurement Team, Head of Corporate Services (HCS) and Deputy Head of Corporate Services (DHCS).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and regularly maintain furniture inventories for all residential properties;
- Checking inventories of the Government arts collection and high value items;
- Assist with the check-in and check-out of occupants on arrival and departure;
- Coordinate and support any visits to the Estate and CS Team (such as heating oil deliveries, maintenance and landlord visits, H&S inspections, official visits);
- Register and de-register properties with utility suppliers as directed;
- Setting up supplier maintenance forms and distribution sets;
- Organise and administer domestic equipment floats;
- Ordering of heating oil;
- Administer job ticket subscriptions;
- Contribute to Pyramid and other returns;
- Diary management for HCS and DHCS and other administrative tasks as directed;
- Contribute to wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and support its positive working environment;
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
- Experience in administrative work;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines;
- Strong customer focus;
- Fluent English and German, both written and spoken. To at least C1 level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, but also with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams as appropriate;
- Excellent IT skills, especially MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Experience of working with Oracle databases desirable.
This is a full-time position of five working days 37.5 hours net (excluding unpaid breaks) per week, for an initial contract period of two years.
The British Embassy in Berlin has a strong ethos of Learning and Development, including our Learning and Development Week. In addition, there will be many opportunities to attend external seminars and events on relevant issues. This is in addition to the induction programme offered to all Embassy staff.
The successful applicant will be encouraged to be actively involved in the corporate life of the Embassy, contributing to the wider objectives of the British Government’s Germany network and supporting the Embassy’s positive working environment.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Germany. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorization for Germany in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Germany are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local German employment law.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Effective operational proficiency or advanced Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.