View Vacancy - Plumber - Technical Works Group (39/19 ABJ)
Main purpose of job:
Hands-on Plumber to carry out effective day to day maintenance work, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installation and construction works related plumbing.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist TWG (Technical works Group) team to attend to work requests on regular basis as it affects the mission’s operations.
- Follow FCO (Foreign Common Wealth) health & safety standards in regular works, also ensuring compliance with all TWG work practices and policies.
- Assist TWG team to complete planned preventive maintenance (PPM) works and meet the deadline as scheduled.
- Attend to all Ad hoc tasks delegated by Estates Manager and provide updates on the same.
- Carry out the new installation and repairing of plumbing fixtures/ fittings.
- Operate and carry out routine & corrective maintenance of domestic water treatment plant.
- Carry out installation and routine cleaning/unblocking of drainage, water supply pipes.
- Assist other trade persons to carry out their tasks i.e. Electrician, A/C Technician, Painter, Plumber, Mason and Carpenter.
- Carry out routine maintenance of fire fighting equipment (Hydrant Heads, Hose reels, etc).
- Carry out the routine/breakdown maintenance, check up, inspection of all the plumbing fixtures and pipe lines of residential and official accommodations.
- Carry out the routine preventative maintenance of the cold and hot water supply pipeline system.
- To carry out the routine preventative maintenance of ground & high level water tank and cisterns.
- Carry out routine and corrective maintenance of HVAC chilled system water valves, meters, Gauges, and mechanical flow switches.
- Preparing daily and weekly reports of work done and other necessary documentation.
- Carry out routine and corrective maintenance of Barriers, blockers and folding gates.
- Keep & clean tools and machines in proper position after using it.
- Develop skills in all trades to meet Mission’s multi-tasking policies.
- Take responsibility and custody of maintenance stores and procurement as per need.
- Drive water bowser to deliver water to various compounds when required.
Plumbing Labour Trade Test 1, 2, &3 (Ministry of Labour& Productivity Certificate of Competence).
Minimum of 3 years experience providing Mechanical & Plumbing maintenance services in Multi-complex Office buildings.
- Possess 2 and 4 wheel vehicle driving license.
- Computer literate – Word, Outlook (email) and Excel.
- BHC (British High Commission) working experience or experience from other international organisation
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Post are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Country.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission/Embassy do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.