View Vacancy - HR Officer- Corporate Services, Grade- AO, New Delhi
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience-based segment and the behaviours and technical/ professional skills-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.’
Main purpose of job:
The Key element of this role is to provide direct support to the Corporate Services- Human Resource Team for India Network. You will also provide administrative support to the Director Corporate Services. Good HR and communication skills, attention to detail, are essential requisites for the job. Successful candidate will also need to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills as well as resilience.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
HR Induction, on-boarding and exit management
- On boarding new joiner in terms of collecting joining documents and issuing appointment letter.
- Supporting HR Manager in organising quarterly Induction programme for new joiners.
- Work on induction feedback and maintain its records.
- Sharing staff manual with new joiners.
- Reviewing and updating staff manual at least once every quarter.
- Monthly coordination with new joiners for meetings with High Commissioner.
- Exit management along with providing CS/HR clearance to the respective department.
- Creating and maintaining employee personnel files and also e-filing them.
- Sharing and filing letters related to employment, for all staff.
- Maintain exit staff files as per audit guidance.
Security Background Verification
- Coordinating for security background verification checks for the shortlisted candidates with internal departments and external agency at various stages.
- Follow up with the external agency for reports and any insufficiencies.
- Sending approvals to the recruitment officer and the IT team for arranging access for the selected candidates.
Payments of invoices
- Process Corporate Service (CS)/HR related invoices.
- Raise purchase order (PO) requisition for CS/HR related contracts and payment of invoices.
- Coordinating with India Network posts for the monthly variable pay inputs.
- Compiling payroll data including adjustments, amendments relating to overtime, unpaid leave, allowances and other changes necessary for accurate payroll calculation.
- Seeking necessary approvals and sharing final payroll data with respective team before monthly deadline.
- Electronic/physical filing of payroll related documents where necessary.
Rewards and Recognition:
- Coordinate with London for long service awards for staff.
- Manage logistical arrangement for other staff awards like printing certificates, organising distribution of the same during meeting with the High Commissioner.
- Providing administrative support to HR Manager, Head of HR and Deputy Director Corporate Service.
- Provide EA support to Director Corporate Service and his cover.
- Provide leave cover for Community Liaison Officer (CLO).
- Coordinate with other posts on HR related matters.
- Hand over salary cheque to staff.
- Timely distribution of staff pay slips, salary certificates and health insurance card.
- Assisting in managing various HR contracts.
- Managing logistical arrangements for any HR/CS events as and when required.
- Managing MEA Note Verbale Numbers and records for the mission.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Performance Management for Job holder
- All Foreign & Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) mandatory learning
- Contract Management training
- Foundation level programme
- Essential on arrival: A degree in HR with minimum 3 years of experience in HR
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated and results driven
- Good knowledge and application of IT skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. In addition to the interview, MS Excel and communications skills to be assessed through a written assessment as part of the selection process.
- An ability to work on own with minimum supervision or instruction to exercise initiative and deliver results
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and demonstrates good judgement. Ability to respond quickly and flexibly to meet multiple and changing priorities.
Level of language required: Extensive
For British High Commission candidates, the Country Based Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, Salary will be inclusive of INR 53,642 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Superannuation Fund.
Additionally, the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with INR 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
No relocation or any other related costs or assistance will be provided.
Please note - BHC does not deduct tax at source and employees are required to ensure that any requirements of local income-tax law are complied with in full. Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, e.g., some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Note: All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, experience segment and the behaviour-based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the application forms only for all the required details. Forms that are incomplete in any respect will not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
- Complete the Online Application Form
- Complete the Experience, Professional Skills and Behaviour based Segments in the Online Application Form
Internal candidates applying for this position need to inform their current line managers, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by 03rd December 2023 (latest by 23:55 hours IST).
Please note that all the applicants will be required to strictly adhere to the security guidelines for British High Commission
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Please note - Provident Fund Transfer in and out from EPFO is not possible as BHC PF is managed by a private PF trust governed by Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. The staff still has the option to transfer out and in from a privately held PF trust which are not governed by EPFO.
Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and no telephone enquires will be dealt with. Basis the scores, the candidate/s who did not score as highly as the successful candidate, might be placed on the reserve list. If during the reserve period of 6 months, the same or largely similar role becomes available, the role may be offered to the second or subsequent appointable candidates.
The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, medical, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.