View Vacancy - DBT Marketing and Communications Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean - British Consulate General Sao Paulo
Main purpose of job:
The Department for Business and Trade promotes and supports bilateral trade and investment across the Latin America & Caribbean (LATAC) region. Promoting LATAC as a trading destination for UK businesses is a key strategic priority, as well as promoting the UK’s key industrial strengths, demonstrating its leadership, creativity and innovation, and positioning the UK as a key trading partner for the LATAC region.
The UK’s Department for Business and Trade (DBT) is recruiting for the regional position of Marketing and Communications Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean, to support the delivery of the business communications plan and marketing campaigns across the 19 markets where our teams are present. The Marketing and Communications Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean will play a key role in the promotion of the regional trade and investment plan through communication plans and marketing campaigns: will develop promotion strategies, lead press engagements, create PR and other editorial content and put together a social media content plan. This role also involves overseeing visits and events that showcase the DBT's vision in the region.
The job holder will also engage with the teams in London to embed LATAC focused activity in the UK Domestic marketing plan and create editorial opportunities to position the region to UK facing audience.
As this is a regional role, Spanish and English at fluent level are mandatory.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Content creation (35%): Working with teams across the region, develop impactful and attractive content and collateral to promote the UK and LATAC. Support on the development and implementation of a compelling narrative for the region, and across each of our key sectors, positioning the UK as a key partner for trade and investment. The job holder has exceptional written abilities to deliver thought leadership articles, press releases, and other content that establishes the UK Government as a leading voice in trade.
- Communication Strategies (25%): Implement communication campaigns that uphold and promote the DBT's brand and vision, supporting the Head of Communications to engage with sector leads (UK/LATAC), Country Directors, and colleagues across Government with written and online communications initiatives to support DBT LATAC objectives.
- Social Media Management (20%): Create, curate, and manage content across social channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, and, eventually, Instagram. Provide reports with data analysis.
- Press Engagements (10%): Lead, and prepare our stakeholders for press events, conferences, and interviews, providing them with a relevant brief on topics to be addressed. Forge relationships with media houses, influencers, and other stakeholders in the region.
- Event Management (10%): Organize and manage visits, tours, and events related to the DBT's engagements in the region.
- Champion a regional approach: Proactively pursue opportunities to join up initiatives and work across the region. Support teams to develop regional activities and events, working closely with FCDO regional HUB, FCDO HQ and regional colleagues. Develop strong working relationship with Marketing and Communications colleagues in DBT HQ, the FCDO, and across the network.
All employees in the Network are expected, as part of their job, to contribute towards the corporate activity of the organisation.
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
Language Proficiency: Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Proven proficiency required.
Writing Skills: Exceptional ability in writing clear, concise, and compelling content and copy.
Social Media Savvy: Proficient in managing professional accounts on platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Communication Strategy: Ability to implement and carry out campaigns at pace and under deadlines. Ability to conduct data analysis and research, and support on communication strategies.
Stakeholder/press management: Ability to manage and build relationships with senior stakeholders, including sector leaders/directors, members of government, and the press. Be able to lead, brief, and prepare stakeholders for media engagements.
Experience: At least 5+ years in a marketing and communications role, with a preference for those with experience with Latin America scope.
Candidates must have the legal status to live and work in Brazil in their own right, from time of application.
Technical Skills: Design editing tools (e.g., Canva), video editing tools (e.g., Premiere), and photo editing tools (e.g., Photoshop).
Personal skills: Proactive and self-driven, resilient and adaptable to diverse cultural contexts, creative and innovative thinker, team player.
Events: Be able to organise, manage, and lead visits, tours, and events.
The job holder will need to be prepared to work occasionally outside normal working hours. They also need to be comfortable with the responsibilities of this role shifting and changing depending on emerging priorities. The British Consulate supports flexible working, and the jobholder will have the opportunity to work remotely/from home on occasion.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities.
This opportunity is closed to applications.