View Vacancy - Business Support Officer (TUR22.346)
The British Embassy in Ankara is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to hire a Business Support Officer for the Department for International Trade (DIT) section.
DIT is an international economic department securing UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment and championing free trade. We are responsible for: bringing together policy, promotion and financial expertise to break down barriers to trade and investment, and help businesses succeed; delivering a new trade policy framework for the UK as we leave the EU; promoting British trade and investment across the world; and building the global appetite for British goods and services.
The DIT section in Ankara supports the delivery of the UK’s trade objectives in Turkey through working with Turkish government ministries and businesses and reports to HM Trade Commissioner for Eastern Europe and Central Asia. In particular, the Ankara team supports UK exports in energy, infrastructure, defence and security sectors as well as wider UK-Turkey trade policy.
The British Embassy in Ankara is an exciting and rewarding place to work, where your work can make a real difference. The working environment is supportive and friendly and there are lots of opportunities for learning and development.
We are looking for a Business Support Officer to support the Trade Policy and Trade Promotion and Investment teams that will support DIT team in Ankara. This is a full-time position in which the main purpose is by delivering high standards of day-to-day administration support, contribute to the delivery of UK trade objectives in Turkey. The jobholder will be expected to support and lead tasks that help the trade team and the organisation function, making sure everyone is supported and organised to do their job effectively. This will involve being flexible, willing and able to carry out a wide variety of tasks, namely:
- Organising internal and external meetings,
- Office management including monitoring appraisals, maintenance of organograms and relevant sections of induction packs,
- Supporting the arrangement of embassy and trade events (including issuing invitations, issuing official communications between Missions etc.),
- Supporting the logistics of inward ministerial/official visits,
- Organising official travel for the team (booking flights, accommodation etc.),
- Providing diary and other ad-hoc support to heads of section.
- Maintaining and updating distribution lists and databases of information including shared files, staff data and key contacts,
- Championing the use of MS teams and ensuring files are updated regularly and stored correctly,
- Supporting team members running effective meetings, including in hybrid format (MS Teams, WebEx etc.) and being a point of contact with IT helpdesk.
- Accurate monitoring of team expenditure and recording documents/invoices for audit,
- Working with the teams to provide budget forecasts.
- As required, attending meetings/events and providing timely and concise readouts for the team.
- Undergraduate degree, or equivalent
- Strong communication skills with excellent spoken and written Turkish and English
- Previous experience in a business support role
- Previous experience in the events management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to prioritise tasks
- A flexible approach to tasks and a team player
- Good IT skills: Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, MS Teams, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Experience of budget/financial management
- Experience of working in an international environment
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 1,447.61 USD gross, paid in 12 instalments at AO level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy in Ankara does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by The British Embassy in Ankara is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.