View Vacancy - SRR - Security Guard S2
The British Embassy Riyadh has vacancies for two (2) Security Guards on a fixed term contract of two (2) years.
This role is open to both male and female candidates. This position is full-time, based on 48 hours per week (8 hours per day, 6 days a week) and will involving working on shifts.
The jobholder will work as part of an established and capable team to ensure the safety and security of staff and families at the Embassy while working in a shift rotation pattern. You must have strong communication skills and the ability to give clear and concise advice on a range of security topics, corresponding to your position and as per policy and procedure.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will carry out security duties at the British Embassy compound in Riyadh, working as a team member on a 24/7 shift rotation. Duties include:
- Working as part of a team on a shift roster. Conducting security checks, including physical searches of personnel and vehicles, monitoring of CCTV, operating UHF radio network, responding to alarms, and patrolling on foot as directed by the Post Security Manager (PSM) and Regional Overseas Security Manager (ROSM).
- Dealing with staff, visitors, and members of the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Scanning and sorting of incoming mail and deliveries.
- Maintaining various records and security logs.
- Acting as first point of contact outside office hours, responding to requests for assistance from Embassy staff and advising any visitors or telephone callers of the regular working hours and details of the official website.
- Reacting to incidents and issues in a calm and disciplined manner and working as part of a team, including participating in exercises and learning and development activities to understand policy and procedures.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key behaviours required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Changing and Improving - Seek out opportunities to create effective change and suggest innovative ideas for improvement. Review ways of working, including seeking and providing feedback.
- Delivering at Pace - Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Communicating and Influencing - Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others.
The position is available to Saudi nationals and to current holders of valid Saudi residence permits or transferable iqama. The successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience in uniformed services (police, military), commercial security or diplomatic security, or a customer focussed industry background with checkable references.
- Knowledge of physical security barriers, policy and procedures.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken. Able to express ideas and messages clearly.
- Able to do shift work.
- Team player who is also capable of working on their own initiative.
- Strong customer focus and ability to deliver quality service.
- Courtesy and consideration in dealing with staff and other customers. Able to present a professional image of self and the Embassy.
- Good organisational skills and flexibility to manage and prioritise tasks.
- Good IT and computer skills. Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus - SAR 3,539.55
- Housing Allowance - SAR 884.89 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
- Total - SAR 4,824.44
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
This position is full-time, based on 48 hours per week (8 hours per day, 6 days a week) and will involving working on shifts (specific hours to be on a rota basis).
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV); 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and 3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 23:55 KSA local time on 09 August 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.