View Vacancy - Corporate Services Assistant (MDA23.485)
Who are we?
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Assistant.
Main purpose of job:
The Corporate Services Assistant (CSA) is part of the Corporate Services Team, performing general corporate and administrative tasks and supporting Corporate team in the areas of Finance, Procurement, Logistics and HR. The CSA reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM). The job holder provides customer support to all UK and country based staff assisting the Corporate team in continuously improving the office’s operation and service delivery.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Operate Embassy switchboard and transfer calls.
- Maintain post transportation log; Prepare and monitor schedules and workload of the Embassy drivers; ensure that driving duties are fairly and equally distributed and completed.
- Maintain Conference room logs; check requests daily and make required arrangements.
- Dispatch, receive and sort official incoming and outgoing mail, handle courier requests.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing official correspondence.
- Arrange hotel and taxi bookings for BE guests and FCDO staff; revise regularly hotel special rates.
- Manage, order and monitor stationary stock, including cleaning supplies; manage float inventory and update stock when needed.
- Support the corporate team in finding further efficiencies and process improvement in order to improve service delivery.
- Administrator of an Embassy contacts database.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required by the Corporate Services Manager, for example inventories.
Or ideal candidate shows:
- Full professional proficiency in English and Romanian (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*), and Russian (written and spoken, minimum of B2 level for CEFR framework*);
- Minimum secondary education degree;
- Previous experience in relevant field (secretary, assistant, administration, operations etc);
- IT proficiency and ability to work across Microsoft office suite programmes (Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritize effectively in the midst of conflicting priorities and competing demands;
- Problem solving and ability to think through the next steps to inform positive change;
- Excellent customer care skills and the ability to respond to a range of customer needs;
- Resilience - the ability to work under pressure.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience within a government or international organisation in an administration role.
This is a full-time permanent contract. The Embassy’s pay and benefits package is in compliance with local labour law. The gross monthly salary for this position is MDL 17,190. The annual leave entitlement is 24 working days per calendar year and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Moldovan/UK public holidays per year.
The successful candidate will be subject to a reference check, security clearance and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of three months.
Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) have a strong Learning and Development (L&D) culture supporting a 70:20:10 learning posture (70% on-the-job informal learning, 20% informal learning from others, 10% formal learning).
The successful Job Holder will receive an induction plan with a suite of mandatory e-learning courses and have access to job-related training, enabling the successful Job Holder to become comfortable and effective in the role as quickly as possible.
All applicants must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Republic of Moldova and be prepared to ensure that right remains the scope of the contract.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Chisinau are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.