View Vacancy - Visa Support Assistant - Chennai
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Main purpose of the job:
UKVI is a global operation that processes over three million visa applications each year from foreign national customers wishing to travel to the United Kingdom.
UKVI in India are based at the British High Commission compounds in New Delhi and Chennai. UKVI in India handle over 600,000 visa applications per year from customers applying in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, Laos and Cambodia.
The Visa Support Assistant (VSA – A1 grade) jobs are vital administrative support roles that ensure UKVI delivers a highly effective visa service that supports all our operational demands, border security objectives and customer service targets.
Roles and responsibilities:
There are a range of VSA – grade A1 roles in UKVI. All the roles will involve the following generic responsibilities:
- Data-entry; inputting, accessing and updating UKVI’s IT systems.
- Linking paper correspondence with relevant records.
- Record management – IT and paper based.
- Passport handling, visa writing and passport despatch.
- Information checking and verification.
- Meeting personal productivity benchmarks and undertaking all tasks with a very high degree of accuracy.
- Understanding and striving to meet UKVI’s customer service targets.
- Dealing with all customers fairly and courteously.
- Acting with professionalism in all circumstances.
- Referring queries to more senior staff when appropriate.
- Accepting and acting upon feedback.
- Always acting within UKVI’s Code of Personal Conduct.
Working with others
- Working effectively and supportively with colleagues, both individually and in a team.
- Treating everyone with consideration and respect, regardless of work pressure.
- Contributing to effective team working and morale when the opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate willingness to be flexible and support colleagues when they are under pressure.
- Take personal responsibility for playing your part in an efficient and tidy office environment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, colleagues and team members.
- Handling of telephone and email enquiries.
- Writing effectively and assisting with correspondence, drafting and report writing; providing information clearly and concisely.
Learning and Development
- Being open and flexible approach to new ideas, drawing on skills and experience to contribute to improvements in working practices.
- Make the most of opportunities for self-development and job related training.
- Take an interest in issues concerning the office and share knowledge with others.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
We are seeking flexible people who work well in a busy IT-based office environment. You will need to be adaptable and show a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks. You will need an eye for detail, a positive attitude, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a busy and focused team. We also want you to enjoy working with us – so please bring your sense of fun too - and enjoy getting to know your new role and your new colleagues.
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
Essential on arrival:
- Education: must be a university graduate.
- An excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Good communication and people-friendly interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, accessing databases & web based applications).
- The ability to work as part of a team and work under pressure to meet challenging targets.
- A positive attitude, can do attitude, with attention to detail.
Desirable on arrival:
- Fluency in any regional language (but not mandatory).
The position is temporary in nature which will start from early February and come to an end by July 2020.
The starting salary will be INR 33,534 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment. This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
a) Complete the Online Application Form
b) Attach a detailed CV
c) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form and the competency questions.
Internal Candidates please Note:
- While applying for this position, upload the appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable). They should also inform their current line managers, and check for the eligibility clause if on probation else the application will not be considered.
- Inform the line manager before applying for the position.
We will accept only online applications by “28th October 2019” midnight.
Please Note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
- We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.